Past or Future?

Chapter XI -Hangover-

I woke up my head pounding as hard as it can. I knew it would be this bad with all the drinks we consumed. My vision blurry and my throat dry as salt and my stomach feels bloated. Ugh I groaned placing my palms in my head, the pounding is ringing in my ears I need some painkillers and shit load of water. I tried to sit as I do, my brain is floating, swaying, I want to throw up.

Damn it. When I touched my stomach something hit me, it's bare. Where the hell is my shirt?! Adrenaline pumping wildly throughout my system removing all the distractions of hangover, I opened my eyes instantly and looked at myself.

Thankfully I had my jeans but I was only in my bra. I looked around, this definitely is not my room, my shoes are beside the door and there is a folded shirt beside me, I quickly dressed into it and tried to stand up woah, even though I'm pumped up still, the effects of alcohol lingering. I opened the door and wandered where ever the heck I am. A wonderful smell led me to the kitchen, a lady is standing on the stove frying some eggs. She looks like Jella but as far as my memory could remember I went out of the bar with Joville how did I end up here? What else happened anyway? Damn me and my drunken state.

"Hungry Nikola?"

With that my suspicion was correct, it was Jella, no one else calls me that name except her.

"How do you know you didn't even turn around" I sat on one of the chairs in the dining table. Toasts, pancakes, butter and maple syrup wow, wifey material.

"Well you answered and that proves my theory" She turned around, all the natural no makeup face.

"You look cute in that costume" before I could stop it, the words are out of my mouth. I was just thinking about it! I didn't mean to say it out loud damn your losing it Art.

Jella looked down a slight tint of pink on her face "Thanks, eat up don't be shy, what would you like to drink?"

That's new, Jella never blushes or maybe I was too naive to see it before and I didn't give her much complements. "Do you have hot chocolate? And some painkillers. My head is killing me"

Jella walked through the kitchen preparing my drink and grabbing some pills, sat down beside me grabbed a plate and began to eat. This little moment here is cozy and comfy, my heartstrings are reacting again reaching out to her.

"How did I end up here? From what I remember I went out of that bar with Joville" pouring some maple syrup I looked at her skeptically

Jella raised an eyebrow then shook her head "Is that all you remember?"

"Yes."

"Okay let's start from you calling me in the middle of the night saying some things only the drunken Nikola would say. You drunk called me saying you want me to take you home because you didn't feel safe with Joville. You gave me your location and I took a cab. Once I reached you, you were arguing with this girl I presume she's this Joville girl. When I got nearer you saw me and ran instantly towards me ignoring her, I could tell she was not happy, with the way you acted. I helped you stand up, mind you your still a bit heavier than me so I had some struggle and for that you owe me. You waved goodbye to Joville saying you'll see her at work which in return she gave me a death glare, that girl has some issues.

Anyhow I managed to take you here. I know the first thing you noticed is that you were only in your bra and I can explain. While I was struggling with you and opening the gate you partly vomited on your shirt so I had to change you because that shit reeks and I know you wouldn't appreciate that waking up in the morning. Yes, we slept with each other just like old times but no we didn't do anything. Any clarifications?" Jella gave me a teasing smile

Christ was I really that drunk? Me and Joville arguing what was that about? Man, I feel so, so embarrassed I don't even know what to say, I'm so damn grateful for Jella right now when a question suddenly stops my inner thinking.

"You said we slept together just like old times, did I hug you like the way I used to? Did we--"

"Yes you did, you wanted to, persuasively. I tried preventing you but I was so sleepy and tired I just let you be. No, we did not have sex last night" there was disappointment in her voice but she covered it up smiling at me like she wanted the whole thing to happen.

I groaned loudly finding the right words to say "I am so sorry I didn't mean any of this to happen. How can I repay you with all my troubles?"

Jella looked thoughtful looking up the ceiling then looked at me "This weekend reserve it for me we're going somewhere"

"Where would that be? Should I pack?" I looked at her unsurely.

"I'll tell you the details later once you've gone home and if I were you, you should go now you have half and hour to get to work and sort things through with that Joville girl" Jealousy tracing in her voice.

"I should clean up and one last question, why do you keep calling her "The Joville Girl" " I quote with my fingers

"Leave everything you'll be late, I'll take care of it, and to answer your question I can sense competition withouteven needing some introduction."

Jella's words rang in my head but I had no time to dwell on it, she was right I'm gonna be late for work.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo