Past or Future?

Chapter XII -Gone Wrong-

I groaned, I hate being late but ignoring my stomach was not an option. Lesson learned, don't drink too hard on weekdays unless it's a holiday the next day. I arrived at the shop five minutes late, it's my third time throughout working here.

When I entered all four heads turned to me and they started clapping well almost all of them except for Joville, she gave me a disapproving look. I greeted them all ignoring the fact that Joville was ignoring me and went to the office. Mr. Blossom was standing by the window looking at the scenery. I did not expect him today but what a big surprise, he usually is busy and visits are often rare. My knees felt wobbly and I needed my professional self at this point.

"It's rare for you to be late Artemis" Mr. Blossom commented while I entered.

"Good morning sir, and it's rare for you to visit. How are you sir?" I gently placed my things and stepped aside him keeping a small distance.

"Good, good thank you for asking, how are things here? As far as I can see sales are steady and good comments are coming out" Mr. Blossom nodded approvingly.

"Yes sir, we do our very best keeping our customers happy and satisfactory, we make a good team and with the help of Joville, she knows her ways with pleasantries for our customers" This was true. She knows if the customer needs something or if they are uncomfortable.

Mr. Blossom nodded again "My wife will be having a new dessert for the shop which means there will be additional ingredients and costs. I'll email you the details and just get in touch with her understood?" Mr. Blossom looked straight at me all stern and professional.

"Understood, that's good to hear sir" I answered lost for words, even though I've seen Mr. Blossom many times, he still makes me nervous with his professional demeanour, he sure knows how to intimidate people.

Mr. Blossom walked towards the door "Good work Art, keep it up and bond more with your teammates" without looking back he was off.

I heaved a sigh of relief and thanked the heavens I was in my best behaviour. Around twenty minutes later, Reese walked in raising his hands on me holy style "She's alive! Thank god, we were worried about you, we thought you were abducted" Reese smiled gratefully giving me a fist bump.

"I'm all right thanks for the concern Reese, appreciate it" I smiled warmly at him.

"How's the hangover?" Reese scratched his head

"Not that bad, took some pills and drank something warm, it helped a lot"

"That's good so listen.." Suddenly Reese pointed his right index finger with his left and sat down, looking nervous, sweat visible at the side of his head. "So, uh, anyway, I was thinking.. maybe.. if.. this is weird.. I mean.. can I.."

"C'mon spit it out, it's unusual for you to be nervous considering you face people all the time" I smacked his shoulder playfully

"CanItakeyoufordinnertonight" Reese spoke so fast I didn't think I heard a word.

"I'm sorry speak human" I reprimanded

"I said can. I. take. you. for. dinner. tonight?" Reese looked at me with hopeful eyes waiting for an answer.

Maybe pushing him to talk was a bad idea. This is weird you could say that but what should I answer. I mean Reese is nice don't get me wrong he's a funny and confident person but if he's nervous in asking me to dinner then maybe he does have an attraction to me considering he doesn't get nervous easily. I still had some issues with Joville, maybe the timing's not right "Listen, Reese, I have a lot to do and things to think about, maybe next time all right? Don't take it the wrong way I just have a lot on my plate right now"

Reese looked disappointed but covered it up with his bright and usual self "That's okay, I understand, thanks for being truthful Art, it's better than agreeing but feeling like you didn't want to" with that he went back outside.

I heaved a heavy sigh and faced the paper works. What's my introduction to Joville? When and where are we gonna talk?

***

I emailed the reports to Mr. and Mrs. Blossom those were a lot but I'm glad I'm finished. I cleaned up and headed towards the door when Joville was just about to enter the office. I awkwardly stepped back but Joville looked down shook her head and walked the opposite direction headed for the main door. I quickly locked and caught up with her.

"Hey! Wait! Joville!" I called but she didn't stop walking.

"Hey, what's the problem? You haven't spoken to me all day, what did I do?" I caught my breath placing my hand on her shoulder, she swatted it away almost making me fall on the pavement. Joville still ignored me so I decided for the aggressive way, I grabbed her shoulder and forcefully pulled it back for her to face me. "Why won't you talk to me?" I asked again feeling a bit hurt.

"Who was that girl Artemis? You completely ignored me like we didn't know each other and you said to me that you didn't feel safe with me taking you home! How could you say that? Did you think I would take advantage of you in your drunken state? Is that how you think of me? So desperate to even go that low? I only wanted to take you home that's it, but you didn't trust me enough instead you went with that girl and I let you even though I didn't know her. I went back to tell the other's what happened, we followed the cab you were in in case you were in trouble but it turns out you weren't. I'm glad your okay, but with the way you treated me, it's gonna take a lot more than sorry" Joville's eyes were glistening with tears and she looked so hurt. Without waiting for a reply she took off without saying goodbye.

I stood in shock, hurt, too dumbfounded to even think. The memory never came for me but hearing it the way she said it, I wish it wouldn't return. I felt so guilty but also angry with her a bit and with myself. I never thought of her about going that low but why did she accuse me? Maybe it has something to do with what I said to her when I was drunk. I never felt threatened by her, quite the opposite as a matter of fact.

I slowly turned and walked like a zombie, I felt helpless, I never thought having suitors would cause this much trouble. Is suitors even the word? Maybe admirers or wooers or person-who-tell-you-how-they-feel-about-you-kind-of-people. I was never good in relationships seeing how it ended with Jella but this, this is a whole new level. I haven't formally introduced them yet and it looks like they hate each other or rather sceptical. I recall Jella said Joville gave her a death stare and now Joville is questioning me who that girl is which Jella says that there is a competition.

Are they competing over me? I would be flattered but why me? And why is there a need for competition? I reached my house and opened the door seeing Atlas enlightened the mood a bit, but the thoughts were still there. I got down and placed Atlas on my lap stroking his fur, What am I going to do with these two Atlas? It feels like every decision counts, it's like walking in a field full of mines.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo