Past or Future?

Chapter XIII - Beach and Fireworks-

The warmth of the sun seeping through my skin feels so amazing. I haven't been to the beach that much before considering I was a bit busy with work and haven't thought about it much until this. Me and Jella were at the beach, this place was a bit far but it's worth it. When she mentioned about the weekend I did not expect this at all, well, quite frankly when she told me to pack up I had a hint and then here we are. She reserved a room indicating we were staying the night, this is what I need, a break from all the drama and just listen to the waves calling me to go for a dip. I need some time and think through my actions before upsetting another person. Jella was beside me also enjoying the sun, I could say she looked hot in her bikini but inappropriate thoughts were poisoning my innocent mind, okay fine, not so innocent mind.

"You can look you know I have clothes on or bra panties rather" Jella smirked but not seeing her eyes due to the sunglasses was annoying.

I flush but still denied "I wasn't looking, I was just. . . appreciating the sand and enjoying the weather and looking at some other people. . . ." my voice almost went to a whisper I didn't think she'd heard the last part.

"Whatever you say Nikola, let's test the waters shall we?"

***

Sunsets at the beach are always so mesmerizing to watch, so serene, so romantic, so full of life it makes you believe that endings can be beautiful too. I watched as the streaks of the sun make random lines and scratches at the blue canvas of the sky. It was so damn beautiful I felt a warm glow inside me. I was crouching in the sand, my head up, my body damp from the fresh sea water, Jella walked towards me.

"The sunset's beautiful, isn't it?" I asked without looking at her, too distracted myself

"Yes, it is, if only she would look at me" Jella whispered the last part. I tore my eyes off the majestic view and looked at her. She was staring straight at me her eyes full of unsaid emotions.

"What? I didn't hear the last part" I asked dubiously but deep down I knew she wasn't looking at it and she meant something else.

"Nothing important, let's go grab dinner!" Jella excitedly pulled my arms

"Let's change first all right? It's weird eating in this" Jella nodded

We were at the beach's restaurant, an open air type with bamboo chairs, a candle on each table giving it a romantic vibe, slightly dimmed lights and a live band playing soft melodies.

" Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I hope everyone is having a wonderful time, enjoy the delicious food we have prepared, and do not hesitate in inquiring or asking with our staff for they are most welcome to accommodate your needs. But most importantly, enjoy the moment with whoever you are with here, for this will never be repeated again. This day is special, we have a little treat for everyone. At eight pm there will be a fire dancing show following after that is a fireworks show! How amazing is that? To those of you who are here, please, enjoy the shows and comeback again for more exciting experiences."

The host announced so good it makes me think I want to go back here and see more what this place has to offer.

"I am so excited for the fireworks show, I've never seen one live in action" I excitedly exclaimed to Jella who was munching on her barbeque happily.

She nodded "It's very beautiful, you'll see, now eat up let's not waste all this" motioning at what we ordered

I picked up the squid chewing ever so slowly, the taste of sea gives me chills of satisfaction.

"So, how are things between you and that Joville girl?" aandd Jella had to ruin it for me damn. The way she said Joville's name was like poison in her mouth

"Let's not talk about her, please? I want this weekend to be stress free and also, I don't want to spend my time talking about her when I'm with you"

Jella raised an eyebrow "When you're with me?"

"Yeah, like right now" I shrugged, I said it right, right?

Jella stared at me but didn't comment. She sure stares at me a lot throughout this day, should I question on it or just leave it. Naahh I dismissed the thought shaking my head.

"What?" Jella asked her mouth full of food

I laughed lightly "Just eat you might starve"

The sky lit up with beautiful bright lights red, blue, yellow, purple you name it. This is my first time seeing it up close, on televisions it looked so vibrant but in reality it was even more than that, more than what I expected. It was definitely a moment to remember. Fingers interlocked mine and I knew it was Jella, the familiarity of her palms enclosing mine feels so nostalgic. Then the thought hit me, maybe I should give her a chance, give us a chance. Maybe this is me talking or am I too caught up in the moment after which I might change my mind. It could hurt all over again but maybe this time it would be different.

Jella said things would be different, after all that time apart, maybe it's time to open my heart again and love someone. She knows me more than anyone else, well, aside from my parents and both of us caused pain in one another. But still, we managed to get back on our own feet and move on.

Now, now is the time. My mind and decision was firm, I looked at our interlocked fingers then at Jella, she was looking up at the fireworks and gently I cupped her chin making her look at me, I leaned in and kissed her sweetly on the lips for a brief second and leaned back. Surprise written all over her face, colours reflecting on her eyes. At that moment, that brief second, I knew I was prepared if things get rough.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo