Past or Future?

Chapter XVI -Atlas and Me-

It was my third bottle of tequila for the day, I called Mrs. Blossom saying I feel a flu coming and was not up to go to work, which is a lie. I only said that cause I was not ready to face Joville again after what happened. Jella hadn't called or texted me which means I guess she's still upset and hurt with what I said. Maybe I decided too fast, it was only a few weeks when we agreed to date but look at it now, it's a disaster, I'm really bad in this relationship thing.

The movies make it so easy and happy but in real life it's not the case. I looked at the bottle I'm holding why aren't you doing your job? You're suppose to make me forget about what happened but everything is crystal clear to me and I don't feel drunk at all.

I threw the bottle across the room and it landed in a thud making Atlas walk over and sniff the object. I reached my hand out and Atlas immediately went over to me. What would you do if you were in my position boy? Atlas tilted his head and licked my nose, I sighed inwardly. I decided for some fresh air hoping to calm my troubled mind.

I attached Atlas to a leash and headed outside, the weather was cool and there was a slight drizzle. By the time we get back, your fur's gonna be a bit wet. You okay with that boy?" Atlas wagged his tail having no care at all. We walked outside absorbing everything we see. Not a lot of people were in sight mainly at their homes having a nice warm drink. I didn't mind the sadness this weather implicates, it matches my mood, sad and gloomy.

We walked all the way to the park, it was empty, I sat in one of the swings feeling the cool breeze on my arms and face. I didn't dare remove Atlas' leach, I love this dog to death but if he swims on mud It'll be misery for me. I scanned the field, also empty. I guess I'm the only one who enjoys this kind of atmosphere, might as well make the most of it.

I was not ready to go home yet so I decided to stop by at that coffee shop where Jella and I first met when she arrived in town. Luckily, the cafe was pet friendly so I was able to bring Atlas inside. The place was warmer and the air smelled of caffeine, quiet chatter surrounded place. I ordered a take out hot chocolate and bought some treats for Atlas. As I got my drink, I noticed a familiar figure by the window, his curly hair giving away his identity.

"Hey handsome, how much do you cost?" I whispered oh so seductively on his ear.

"I'm sorry miss, I'm not-" Reese turned around his face red as tomato not expecting something like that in a cafe. When he sees me his mouth opened in a big O then smiled excitedly, as handsome as always. "Art! What a surprise! How are you? Mrs. Blossom said you had a flu" Reese studied me carefully and looked down looking at Atlas "Awww, that's so cute, what's his name?"

"I haven't even answered your question yet you have another one, excited to see me aren't you?" I smiled at him

Reese stood up and like a gentleman he is pulled back the opposite chair and motioned for me to sit. I followed suit and Atlas positioning on my foot munching his treats. He sat down and took a sip of his drink.

"To answer your question, I feel a bit better now, took my meds earlier and I just went out for a walk with Atlas and bought a drink and now here I am." I smiled sheepishly

"Hmm.. Atlas, nice. The cafe was a bit quiet today and Joville wasn't in the mood. She wasn't smiling the way she used to, after we cleaned up she said good bye and was off in a hurry"

"Did she say where she was going?" I asked intrigued

"Not really, but I did overhear her at the back talking on the phone and said she'd meet her later. Maybe she's seeing someone? No idea" Reese shrugged and I was beyond curious. We chatted some more about the shop and his interests and eventually it was getting dark and I had to go home.

"It was nice seeing you outside of work Reese, I hope we can do this again sometime" I smiled gratefully at him.

"I look forward to it Art, and today was not even planned. Do you want me to take you home?" Reese stood up and I protested.

"It's all right, enjoy your quiet time for now. I'll see you at the shop tomorrow okay?" I tugged at Atlas' collar.

"All right, if you say so. Be home safely" Reese smiled flirtatiously and I rolled my eyes.

The drizzling stopped but the pavement was still damp. The cool breeze embracing me again as I stepped outside. I was thankful for this little distraction but I know in the end, I have to face my problems and be brave to make solutions. I walked pass by the ice cream parlor. Call me a psychopath but I love ice cream on any weather or day of the week. I ordered mixed berries and vanilla for Atlas, licking happily we walked home. Upon reaching the gate, a boy stood on my doorstep he looked around and saw me and gave a small smile.

"This is for you. It was favored by a friend but I can't tell you who. Apologies" he placed his hand on his chest, bowed slightly and left.

Do I look like a freakin queen to him? Damn. well, let's have a look and guess who the mysterious letter sender is. It could be either of them but then again, who am I to assume. I stepped inside followed by Atlas, he went straight to the bathroom indicating he wants to be brushed and air dried before roaming the house. Atlas barked All right just a sec I threw the envelope on the couch.

Artemis

I don't know why I keep writing letters to you. I guess it makes me feel closer and writing my feelings is one way for me to show how much I care about you. I am truly sorry I walked out without saying anything, I was too embarrassed of my actions I had no words to say. I hope you're doing okay and I look forward to see you again at work. You mean so much to me I just can't stay away.

Best regards,

Joville
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo