Past or Future?

Chapter XVIII -Pressure-

I hadn't realize the shift was over for the day. Whew. Next week the party will commence. Through my shifts, I was so busy contacting the suppliers, knowing guests Mr. Blossom has invited, finalizing the menu and the newly added desserts from Mrs. Blossom, my costume, the decorations, everything. I'm glad the weekend is here, I have been such a workaholic I hadn't had time for myself and this weekend is my getaway before the storm that's coming, or not storm maybe that's harsh, the party rather. My co workers already prepared their costumes and the decorations are slowly coming to place. Mr. and Mrs. Blossom will be checking the place two days before the party so we really need to get our shit together and makes this place as spooky as it can get.

"The shop looks great wouldn't you agree?" Dan stood beside me. After the talk we had at the diner, we became closer and gave knowing looks to each other whenever we see something we understood by ourselves.

"Yeah, just some final touches and I think the owners would be satisfied, hopefully"

"Have a little faith Art, we're gonna blow this party" Reese smiled determinedly arranging some cottons on the corners making it look like the place is crawling with spiders.

"I'm trying to be as optimistic as possible but I won't get my hopes up" I winked at him.

"Suit yourself, ringmaster" Reese playfully threw a pack of cotton

"All right let's have the weekend as our break, shall we?" Dan suggested and we agreed, slowly heading out the shop. We waved goodbye and walked our own direction, my head was still reeling of thoughts on what other things were needed and anymore to be added for the place to be out of this world. I reached my pocket for a handkerchief, slowly unfolding it a piece of paper dropped. I picked it and examined the text.

"Meet me at the park after work I'll wait for you"

Judging from the handwriting it might be Joville. How did she get it into my hanky anyway? Shrugging, I walked to the direction of the park.

After fifteen minutes or so I reached the park and scanned the area, no one familiar in sight. Someone tapped my shoulder,

"Hey"

I turned around, it was Joville as I guessed. "Hey yourself, what's up?"

"Not much really, just wanted to have some fresh air and some companion with whom I'm comfortable with. Things at the shop are crazy and I feel the pressure in the atmosphere" Joville squeezed her nose with her fingers.

"Tell me about it, I've been busy too arranging things here contacting people there" I sagged my shoulders.

"Yeah, I can see that, every time I ask or request something your face looks distracted and is glued on that damn computer"

I chuckled at her comment "Let's take a walk, the weather's not that harsh"

Joville nodded, we were silent for a moment, lost in our own thoughts or maybe it's just me. We sat down under a tree, subconsciously I grabbed a fistful of grass and bringing it to eye level. Slowly I opened my fist watching the green pigments fall onto my lap. It felt satisfyingly good and I grabbed another.

"I have a favor to ask"

"First things first, I can't lend you money for now cause I'm also broke. I don't do one night stands, I don't go on blind dates, I can't chaperon you if you do go on a date and lastly I'm no hit man." I gave Joville a playful smile.

She laughed, a warm and hearty laugh "I can't even imagine you being a hit man what the hell is that? Ha ha"

I rolled my eyes but laughed with her easing some tension between us.

Joville catched her breath and looked at me "No, none of the above, seriously. Can I ask if your free tomorrow? If that's okay"

"Why?"

"Well, my mom and dad's gonna visit me here and I wanted to show them around the city. They wanna see where I work, wanna watch a movie stuff like those and I was thinking you could help me by being a tour guide. I'll cover your fare and other expenses just come with me and meet my parents." Joville looked at me in a sincere but also pleading way.

"Meet your parents? Wow. That's an honor, but won't I intrude their visit? It's a family bonding and I don't want to be a hindrance of anything" I felt unsure about this.

"Please? You won't be, and besides, I want you to come. I want someone of my age to chat with when they're wrapped up in super adults world." Joville gave me the puppy dog eyes look.

I giggle at her last line "Atlas is the only one who swoops me off my feet with that look so don't even think about it and as for your favor, let me have some time to dwell on it okay? it's a lot to take in"

Joville gave a small smile "Okay, just text me all right?"

"Sure"

Around seven we decided to go home, I gave Joville a quick hug before parting ways. Should I go? I imagine myself earlier I would be relaxing tomorrow, having a long bath then watching some series, making my favorite meal and ending the day with a sweet dessert. Poof! it's like the world is telling me no don't relax just go with Joville and see what happens. I guess that bath doesn't have to wait for tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo