Past or Future?

Chapter I -Consideration-

Bella grabbed my school id and waved it in front of my face, trying to grab the sling, she immediately held it in her chest and faced the other direction dancing away from me.

"Give it back, please" I pleaded

"Just a sec I need to know when your birthday will be" she replied removing the protective case and inspecting it thoroughly.

"Why do you need to know? I'm not throwing a party or something"

"I just want to know, is that so wrong?"

No, my mind answered. It's just that I don't like people knowing when my birthday is specially when it's just someone you just met, I like celebrating it privately with my parents and some friends if they do remember. I caught up with her and snatched away my id.

"Hey! I was looking at your photo" Bella pouted

"Why?

"Well, I find you cute and... fluffy"

I looked at her blankly wondering where she got the idea then suddenly she smirked.

"September 14, 1998 is the day I will never forget" Bella smiled proudly more likely to herself

I groaned inwardly, great, another person to annoy my peace. We walked along the corridors of the building and headed up the stairs for our next class which was philosophy.

***

I studied our photograph, Bella was smiling happily facing the camera, her eyes sparkling with joy, eyebrows trimmed professionally, her dark skin gleaming, her hair was braided in a fishtail style and her arm was around my shoulders. I on the other hand has the same hairstyle, my forehead was tied with a piece of string, my chubby cheeks visible and with my pale complexion I was all sweaty. It was our final exam in the physical education and we had to perform our own cheer leading dance routine. I wonder what she wants I murmur to myself. It's just that we had some history and it was six years ago, a lot of time has passed but still there was something I just couldn't quite understand and there were questions floating in my mind. Maybe some sleep will help me decide. Decisioning while my mind is at a stable phase is the best option for me unless I would be blind to make the same mistake twice.

I woke up the next morning feeling fresh, positive thoughts run through my groggily brain, it's like nothing can ruin this beautiful day. I went to the bathroom and did my business then straight to the kitchen where Atlas greeted me with a happy wagging tail. "Hey there big boy who's hungry ?" Atlas barked in response. I played with him for a bit then poured his bowl with some dog food and water. "Good boy" I grabbed the non stick pan and lit the stove, I put some bread in the toaster and while waiting cooked the eggs. I switched on the tv for some news about the weather and updates in politics. I ate my breakfast leisurely loving the eggs and bread combo. After a moment I finished eating I went to grab my phone. Some chats from work then another text message.

"We have a lot to talk about, when are you free?"

Still very persistent hmmm... should I? I checked the time, it was eight twenty. I debated for more like a minute and decided to see Bella, not because I miss her but because I'm curious and it's been years a lot has changed so I mean why not?

"Tonight at seven at the coffee shop, the one with the neon sign" I pressed send before my senses could stop me. I never knew this day would come, before, for a year, I prayed for this chance but as the days and weeks passed nothing so I was forced to move on now here it was. Am I a fool or is it the feeling never changed? My phoned buzzed instantly

"I'll wait for you" was all that was written

Huh how ironic.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo