Past or Future?

Chapter XIX -Clark Family-

"You look so beautiful and has a name that's unique Artemis, so lovely to meet you. I hope we didn't keep you from anything"

"No worries Mrs. Clark, I'm grateful Joville tagged me along" I winked at Joville and smiled politely at her mother.

We enjoyed ourselves eating delicious lunch credits to Joville's parents. I decided last night to agree because first of all I was curious on how Joville's parents would look like and here we are now. Joville has more similarities on the physical physique with her father so I'm guessing her sweetness is from her mother and I must say they are very alike.

It might look like I was prepared with the current circumstances but earlier today it felt like I was going to a high class gala. I rummaged my wardrobe looking for something decent to wear and maybe to impress her parent's a little when they see me. I don't know where this is coming from but I did my best and so far I can say her mother is a bit clingy on me and I can't see why. Her father is a bit serious but later on opened up, he is the comedian type and loves cracking dad jokes. Throughout the day they told me stories of Joville growing up, how she took care of her younger brother, how she loves music so much and why she's here in this city. I never thought of Joville as a music lover but then again I don't really know her that well. Maybe she has a good voice, I never heard her sing before.

"Where's your brother Joville? Why didn't he come? I asked looking at her. She is very pretty today wearing a dark blue floral dress, ohh another thing, I think she likes floral clothing

"Oh, Eliezer wanted to come but he had some kind of emergency at work and couldn't shake it off, he said he'll make it up to me soon" she smiled

"You should meet Eliezer Art, he's a lovely young boy you two could get along" Mrs. Clark remarked suggestively.

"Dear, what did I tell you about Joville's friends and trying to hook them up? You're giving Artemis a bad impression on us" Mr. Clark apologized.

If only they knew, "It's all right Mr. Clark I don't mind"

"Do you want to hear another joke?"

Joville and her mom groaned, "All right let's hear it"

"What do you call an alligator with a vest?"

"What?"

"An investigator!" Mr. Clark grinned widely waiting for my reaction.

I shook my head smiling "How do you cope with this Mrs. C?"

"I don't really listen to it, I just try to ignore it most of the time. You haven't heard the worst of it" Mrs. Clark warned

"All my jokes make you laugh, don't try to deny it, we have all the time in the world" Mr. Clark smirked.

And the couple started bickering, I turned my attention to Joville. She was smiling at me, her eyes shining with delight. I guess she really wanted me to come.

"Can I hear you sing?" I asked innocently.

Joville pressed her lips and shook her head.

"Aww, c'mon I wanna hear, your parents said you love music" I gave her a teasing smile

"Fine. But not here rather at your house later. You're enjoying this aren't you?"

I shrugged still teasing "It's a good thing you did invite me. I'm slowly learning the other side of you from you parent's perspective"

Joville stuck her tongue out and I drank my water.

"Do you have a boyfriend, Art?" Mrs. Clark delivered the question like a gossip interview, I almost choked on my water.

"No Mrs. C I don't have a boyfriend" trying very hard to suppress my oncoming cough.

"Why's that? With your looks and personality, any type of guy would easily fall for it" Mrs. Clark leaned closer.

Joville looked at me knowingly trying hard to hide her smile, I took a breath "I'm not available in that subject matter Mrs. C, I'm just not into dating for now"

I looked at Joville for help, she rolled her eyes and diverted her mother's attention. Whew. We spent the rest of the day watching a movie, roamed around the mall and around late afternoon went to the park, ate some hot dogs, visited the local church and some other small shops that was around. Mrs. Clark dragged Joville by arm entering a shop full of vases and pottery.

Mr. Clark stood by me watching them "If the two of you happen to be a couple, take care of her for me all right?"

I turned around surprised "I. . . we.. are not a couple. . . we're friends. . . good friends"

"I know my daughter more than anyone else and I can see that she adores you in a way I've never seen before, not even with her previous love interests" Mr. Clark looked down at me his face stern.

I flushed biting my lip looking away.

"Love, it's getting late now, should we head back?" Mrs. Clark solemnly said.

Joville and I escorted both of them to the terminal, her mother's eyes already in tears. I moved back giving them some privacy. Looking at their small family makes me picture out my own. I miss my parents badly, I should pay them a visit sometime. An idea struck me, I took out my phone and faced it on their direction. Joville motioned for me to come closer, Mrs. Clark hugged me and I hugged her back picturing my own mom in this situation makes me emotional, Mr. Clark then opened his palm and I shook it, he gave me a knowing look and I nodded.

"Have a safe trip Mr. and Mrs. Clark, it was nice seeing you" I waved at them politely

"Take care girls we'll see you soon" Mr. Clark answered.

They waved and stepped onto the bus. Joville and I took a step back watching the bus fill with people and eventually it was out of sight.

"Thank you Artemis..." Joville hanged her sentence, I waited for a continuation.

"What's your last name again?" Joville scratched her head.

I smiled playfully "Sing then I'll say"

Joville rolled her eyes and started to walk, immediately I grabbed her arm, surprised, she looked at me questioningly. I took out my phone and showed her the picture, her face gave a soft expression, her eyes full of love and longing. She looked at me and held out her hands grabbing my neck, embracing me tightly. I placed my head on her shoulder patting her back ignoring the people around us and just enjoying the moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo