Past or Future?

Chapter XXII -Agreement-

Joville chuckled at my joke, we were at the office enjoying lunch break. It feels light and easy, I'm glad we agreed on our own terms. She didn't mention or ask about what happened in the party but I was ninety-nine percent sure she was looking at us at that moment.

"I'm starting to learn a new hobby these days, it's baking. I've watched Youtube videos and asked some people I know about it , but I have a little problem"

"What's that?" I queried.

Joville looked shyly at me "Do you happen to have an oven at your house?"

I nodded "I haven't used it for a while, it needs a little jump start though"

"You can bake?"

"A little, just the basics but not really a pro" I smiled.

"Can I rent it? Please? I'll pay you every time I use it and bring my ingredients. I won't steal from your kitchen I swear ple-"

"You can use it, in exchange, I'll be your taste tester every time you bake, we can do it on the weekends if you want. Yes, you can borrow ingredients just tell me ahead of time and if you do for instance forgot an ingredient, I can run to the store to get it" I am so shocked at myself I'm so kind. What light has gotten into me, I feel like a saint.

Joville's face broke into a huge grin, literally. "Thank you ! Thank you !! Thank you so much Art! Are you sure that's your only condition? I mean, it's generous of you but I feel like you might want something in return"

I bit my lip "No, maybe a favor here and there but I think that's it. No other conditions"

Joville looked hesitant "Sure? one hundred percent?"

I rolled my eyes "Yes, Joville Clark, I am sure"

"Okay then, can we have it this coming weekend?"

I nodded without saying another word, but deep down I feel guilty and horrible.

***

"On this day December 12, 2014 at 7:28pm Thursday, an agreement is set upon Ms. Artemis Leon and Mr. Dan Griffin regarding the said title on these legal papers. There shall be no involvement or threatening on both parties with regards of prison, violence, or death. This agreement is purely confidential and both parties and also I, the witness, are the only people who are allowed to engage the topic if matters come into action. Both parties agree if one of them fails, they are committed to pay a sum of $50,000. Can be paid directly or on loan. Any breech of this agreement shall result to punishment decided by the party who won. Mr. Griffin and Ms. Leon kindly sign the papers simultaneously. This agreement shall last for one month exact time and date shall be January 12, 2015 at 7:28pm Saturday. Any questions?"

Dan and I shook our heads, I can't believe I'm doing this. We were at the lawyer's office the contract sealed and approved. There was no turning back now.

"That wasn't so hard was it?" Dan kicked a stone lazily

"I feel bad for Joville, what if she finds out?" I shuddered.

"Relax Art, it'll be just a month. Time will pass by you'll see"

I sighed "I do hope karma won't be such bitch"

Dan placed an arm around my shoulders, we walked side by side on the street lost in our thoughts when a curly guy walked towards us. Oh no,

"Hey guys! Having a little date night?" It was Reese, he gave us a smile but his eyes tell suspicion.

Dan immediately removed his arm making it more awkward and suspicious, damn.

"Hey bud, not really no, Art has someone else in her mind. We were just walking home" thank heavens for Dan to come up with fast replies.

"Yeah, where you headed Reese?"

"Oh, I was about to meet Joville, she said she wanted to talk about something, she invited me to have dinner with her somewhere the next block"

Dan and I looked at each other questioningly. The question was why, why are they meeting up? What are they up to?

"Can we tag along?" Dan tried cautiously.

"Sorry bud, Joville said she wanted it to be private maybe next time" there was something in Reese's eyes, something that would make one person suspicious.

"Okay, well, enjoy your dinner Reese. We'll see you tomorrow" I smiled politely at him and dragged Dan away "Okay, why is that? What's going on?" I looked back and Reese was walking away to the next block.

"You tell me, somethings going on with those two, keep a sharp eye on Joville you never know what might unravel" Dan warned.

"Yeah, you too"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo