Past or Future?

Chapter XXVII -Asian Night-

"Can I draw something on your cast?" Reese smiled down at me holding a black marker.

"Sure, but no adult content please, I'd like my cast to be full of doodles" I joked.

Reese chuckled then pouted "Your no fun, fine. Just trust me"

He covered with his other hand so that I won't be able to see what he was writing. Joville and Dan peered smiling mischievously.

"I swear Reese I will kick you in the nuts" I said threateningly.

"Dan and Joville are just teasing, don't you trust me?" he looked at me with his puppy dog eyes.

"Uh. . sorry to disappoint but no I don't"

Dan and Joville laughed smacking his head, Jane was on the far end just looking at us. I caught her eyes and she looked away, what's her problem? Ever since I'm back at work she has been very moody and not making much conversation at me. Did I forget something?

"And there, all done" Reese smiled triumphantly.

I slowly twisted my hand, he drew some kind of animal it's like a dog or a cat any other animal that has four legs in it. "Okay, now I'm confused. What's this?"

Reese's faked shocked "Don't you recognize it? It's Atlas!"

"Looks nothing like Atlas, what's with all that squiggles at the top?"

"That's fur in his head, jeez you hurt my feelings" fake stabbing a knife through his chest.

"It's weird but I'll have to deal with it. Thanks!" I smiled up.

"Well, I know you can never resist me with all my gloriousness"

I rolled my eyes and made eye contact with Dan, he looked at Reese from behind his lashes and licked his lips eying him up and down. I chuckled inwardly. I caught Jane's sight, she was frowning at the two of us, maybe a bit of talking would do the trick. I stood up and walked past by Jane "come with me to the office" I whispered. She looked at me questioningly but followed, the other three went back to their work stations. We went inside and I gestured for Jane to sit down.

"Is this about my performance or my attendance?" Jane crossed her arms on her chest.

"What's your deal?"

"I beg your pardon?" Jane leaned closer.

I sighed "Part of my job is to make sure everyone who works here gets along. Ever since I got back here, I always catch you glaring or frowning at me. Did I do something to you? Were there errors in your paycheck?"

Jane raised an eyebrow saying nothing.

"Sorry if I don't remember but that accident caused me to forget some memories"

Realization spread across her face "I see, you don't remember that we had a drink before your accident?"

I thought hard nothing. "No"

Jane smiled instantly a fake one I presume, it didn't reach her eyes "I'm sorry I've been a bit moody to you, you've got nothing to worry about. Whatever we talked about, it doesn't matter now"

Now she was scaring me "Are you sure?

Jane nodded "Can I go now?"

"Sure" she stood up and headed out. I stared blankly into space, what was that?

***

Grabbing my things from my desk, I locked the shop. Joville was standing outside waiting for me.

"You don't have to be with me all the time you know, I don't need a body guard. My hand's healing pretty quickly"

"I thought that maybe we can eat out tonight" Joville shrugged.

"Are you asking me out?"

"Depends. Is that a yes?" Joville smirked at me.

"Uhh.." Dan wanted to catch up with me but I guess that'll have to wait "okay, yes"

"Then yes, I'm asking you out" Joville grabbed my hand leading the path.

We entered an Asian restaurant more likely a Korean one. Loud chatter spread across the place, delicious smelling meat wafted in the air. The placed was packed mostly people with their families, cooking and having a good time.

My mouth was a big O when I absorbed the place "This is amazing! We get to cook our meat! Where did you hear about this spot?"

Joville smiled gratefully "I searched the place, a little change from the usual cafes and all"

Before I could reply, a guy dressed in polo shirt approached us, Joville told him her name and gestured for us to follow him. We were seated at the far end corner away from the bustling chatter of the other customers. He handed us a menu, I asked Joville what she was getting and did the same since I'm was not familiar of it all. The waiter took our orders and readied the grill in front of us, positioning the ventilation tube closer so as not to cause too much smoke. He came back a minute or two later carrying a tray full or marinated meat, some sticky rice and drinks. I grabbed the tong and placed some meat on the grill like a happy kid having her first cooking show.

"Enjoying yourself?" Joville asked eating a spoonful of rice.

I nod, my mouth full of meat, I grabbed the cup to help me swallow some of it "Did you plan this?"

"No, I took a hunch"

"What if I didn't agree?" I asked skeptical, Joville is really trying.

"Then I'll just have to cancel the reservation. It might be disappointing but at least I tried" she gave me a small smile. I smiled back not commenting. "Do you remember that we were suppose to visit my parents sometime?"

"Please don't tell me we missed that because of my accident"

"No, no it wasn't like that, we never knew if this would happen you know, and anyways they want it to be this weekend. Are you up for it?"

"Are you postponing your baking session?"

"No, we can do it on Sunday though. As exciting as it sounds I'm starting to really get the hang of it. Thanks for your help" Joville pumped her fist in the air.

"Well, I got a little help from the Internet so I guess it's a win-win situation" I teased.

"Then it's settled, the weekend it is"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo