Past or Future?

Chapter XXX -Confessions with a Kiss-

Joville was looking at me weirdly. Ever since that scenario in her room, we never talked about it again. Though I want to but I want her to be the first one to open up on it. We were decorating the house, Joville hanging the Christmas lights while I assemble the tree. Although, I'm fully recovered, I insisted for Joville to stay here instead of her boarding house before. It's much safer and she could save a lot considering I'm not letting her pay after what she'd done for me. Having company in this house removes the dullness of the atmosphere even Atlas loves her more than me, damn.

The tree stood and I spread it's branches as neatly as possible, all that's lacking are some decorative pieces and some lights. I opened the other boxes in search for the Christmas balls, Ha balls I smiled to myself.

"I would trade anything just to know what's behind that smile of yours, does thinking about me make you smile?" Joville went down from her chair. The lights neatly placed on the windows and around the door.

I looked at her absentmindedly "No, I was just having an inward joke about these balls"

"You have balls? Lemme see!" Joville jumped excitedly teasing me. I threw one of the balls and it landed on her chest. She caught it just in time before falling on the floor and smirked at me. "Now, now, that's no way to a girl's heart"

"Quit fooling around and help with this thing" I went digging to another box.

"Ooohh quite bossy ey?" suddenly Joville's lips were near my ear "You're my boss though" she whispered seductively and stepped aside. I shook my head and started hanging the pieces on the tree.

"Where are you gonna spend Christmas Art?" Joville started hanging the balls across me.

"My parents will be visiting here, we're gonna celebrate it traditional style. You're welcome to join if you want" I offered.

"That would be an honor, I'd love to meet your parents. Maybe I'll invite mine and celebrate with all of you?" she tried hesitantly.

My heart gave a thump, why is this making me squirmy, it's just Joville and my parents no big deal. I consoled myself "If you want to, no trouble at all for me. The mom always used to say, The more, The merrier"

"And she is right, I'm starting to like her already" Joville exclaimed.

Yay for me I sighed inwardly. Is this a good idea? "I'm just curios, what would you like for Christmas this year Joville?"

It took her moments before responding "I don't really know, good health and long life for my parents. For myself? Maybe more patience and guidance. I don't usually ask for material things"

"More patience and guidance? That's really wisdomy type" It was now time for the lights to be hanged. I gave Joville the other end and we started to twirl it around the tree.

"Yep, more patience with life and more guidance on my next move. How about you Art? What do you wish for this year?"

No one's asked me before "Same with you on good health and long life for my parents but as for myself, I don't really know. A lot of unexpected things happened this year, and I'm just the type of person to go with the flow"

"Don't you want Bella back?"

Her question caught me off guard, do I want her back? "Maybe? I don't know. Being apart from her made me think things through and realized maybe we are just not for each other. It's her choice if she comes back here but I don't think we'll ever date again"

Carefully, we moved the tree to the corner so that it's standing by the wall near the socket. We adjusted it a few times then lit up the light and stepped back appreciating our work. I smiled looking at the tree thinking about Bella sadly. Some people just end up being friends after seeing their souls like no one did.

"I don't know about you but I'm famished. Anything in particular you'd like to eat Art?" Joville eyed the tree placing her arm on my shoulder.

"Dumplings would be nice"

"Takeout it is!"

We sat on the couch munching our food quietly lost in our own thoughts. Joville sat beside me and Atlas eating busily from his bowl. Hiding a bit of my eyes from Joville, I studied her carefully. She scanned on her phone while chewing on her food, constantly smiling, frowning, raising her eyebrows expressing her facial gestures. Joville is a very beautiful girl, I reminisced our time when we had our first movie at the cinema. I remember what I felt seeing her and spending time with her until Jella happened. It is not a mystery that I have a liking for Joville but I was really bad in showing it to her that I was interested, I diverted that attention to Jella. Then on another when she took care of me when I was injured. You could see the tiredness in her eyes but when she looks at me, all smiles and laughs. How can someone be so sweet and caring to another person? Does she really care about me a lot? What am I afraid of?

"You look cute hiding there staring at me dreamily" Joville smirked scooting closer to me "What were you thinking just then?"

"I was just. . . remembering the times we went out" I smiled shyly.

"Oh? And then? Do you like spending time with me? Joville placed her arm on the back of the couch staring at me intently.

"Yes, I do. I really do"

"Is that a practice before we get married?" Joville smiled playfully pointing my nose. I blushed, times like these I should back away but this time I'm standing my ground. Joville placed a stray strand of hair behind my ear and cupped my chin.

"Why are you always resisting Art?"

"Because. . . I like you too much I'm afraid I'll scare you away" I looked at my hands.

Without another word Joville placed her lips on mine, I closed my eyes kissing her back, savoring the dinner we just had. Salty but sweet, Joville tugged her tongue on my lower lip asking for permission, I opened slightly deepening the kiss. Joville moaned, pushing me backwards making me lay down on the couch and she on top of me. I rubbed my hands on either side of her body feeling every curve there is. This feels so good but it's too soon, not yet, I'm not ready. I pushed her gently on her shoulders stopping the kiss, she looked back at me, her breathing ragged, her eyes shining with lust hungry for more. I smiled slightly, her expression changed understanding me giving a small smile and heaved herself up in sitting position.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo