Past or Future?

Chapter XXXIV - Finale-

I looked across Joville from the table slowly savoring the food my mom brought. It was Christmas day, my mom and dad arrived 2 days before and I briefly introduced them to Joville. Just like my other friends back at my hometown, they greeted Joville warmly and asked questions about her. They were glad to hear she was spending it with us because as my mother would have quoted "The more, the merrier". Joville was shy at first but eventually, she warmed up to them and talked about her life and her family.

Eliezer was also with us but said he would have to leave after dinner because he promised her long time girlfriend that he would be there with her family. Joville's parents didn't argue since they understood that their little man was not so little anymore and they were just happy that he had the time to spend dinner with us.

When Joville's parents arrived, I introduced them to my own parents. Joville's father glanced at me then Joville then back at me again.

I knew that look all too well and I know he knows what's going on.

I stopped eating and nervously stood up, raising my wine glass and and tapping it gently with a knife to grab everyone's attention. Everyone turned to me questioningly except Joville's father who gave a knowing look. "First of all, Merry Christmas to all of you. I am so glad that you are here today"

I smiled warmly at them "This time of the year has been a roller coaster ride for me because of the things that happened. I met new people, I experienced things for the first time. The best thing that happened to me this year is that, I fell in love. Being in love made me see things in a different perspective, it made me think as an adult but sometimes deep inside me I'm still a kid at heart. I've witnessed and learned that just being in love with the person is never enough, I have to work on it for the relationship to work" I paused looking at both of my parents. I walked over to Joville and she stood up.

"Mom, dad, Mr. and Mrs. Clark, Eliezer, I am in a relationship with Joville and I am madly in love with her. I know in the eyes of others it's surreal and inappropriate but what they think doesn't matter to us, we just want your blessing and to live a happy and healthy life"

My mom looked at me shocked, my dad unreadable, Mrs. Clark looked calm and collected, Mr. Clark nodded approvingly and Eliezer smiled supportively. I looked at Joville and caressed her cheek, boy am I glad that was over or else I might have collapsed with nervousness. Mr. Clark stood up and gave us a big hug squeezing tight then her brother, Mrs. Clark, my dad. My mother stood eying me doubtfully, she hugged me first whispering "This might take a while but I'm still trying to absorb it and I want you to know that I am happy for you. I never imagine my princess was looking for a queen, either way I hope both of you would last" she smiled tearfully and hugged Joville.

"Well, this has been one emotional meal. Don't get me wrong I support you both but I gotta go. Ruby's waiting for me" Eliezer apologized.

"I'll walk you to the door" I offered.

Just before Eliezer was about to step out I grabbed his arm "Wait, I'm just curious. Is this girl Ruby looks like this?" I fished out my phone quickly showing him the photograph of Ruby and Jella.

He nodded in approval "Yes, that's her, except now her hair is light brownish and it's longer. Do you know each other?"

I bit my lip trying to keep a straight face "Not really, I just know her by a friend of mine"

"Small world eh? Anyways, thanks for dinner and please take care of my big sister"

I nodded and waved goodbye, looks like Ruby had a change of heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you dear Cutie for having the time to read my story. Check out my other works and we'll see each other on the next one. Stay Safe!

xoxo
Artemis