Past or Future?

Chapter III -Newcomer-

I felt an arm on my chest and a leg above mine. I moved a bit trying to go back to sleep. My mind was awake questioning who was this person I'm in bed with. Who was it anyway, I peeked through the covers, long black hair was covering the person's face, I immediately checked if I had my clothes on and yes, thankfully they were.

Flashbacks of what happened last night came coming back to me, Jella and I had a very heavy and emotional talk, we took a stroll in the park and ended up in my house. It was very late and I offered Jella she could stay the night and she didn't argue and here we are now. I gently moved to the side of the bed to get up, my stomach's already complaining damn. Reaching for my slippers, I watched Jella, I guess she's still asleep. I walked out of the room and into the kitchen to make myself some breakfast. Atlas walked over to me, his paws scratching my feet indicating he also wanted some. I kissed his forehead and grabbed some treats for him to eat. I poured some cereal and munched on it quietly. Scratching steps were approaching and Jella appeared yawning. Atlas immediately stood up and sniffed her taking very cautious steps, after a few seconds he wagged his tail and Jella caressed his fur and walked towards me.

"Coffee? What would like to eat?" I offered motioning for her to sit down

"Yes, coffee please and do you have some oatmeal?" Jella shyly requested, I looked at her questioningly

"Yeah, I have, would you like some fruit mixed?" I opened the cupboard grabbing the jar of oatmeal and a bowl

"Sure, that would be nice, thank you" Jella looked around eying some photographs I had on my refrigerator. I finished preparing and handed it to her, she gave me a grateful smile and started eating.

"How are your parents?" Jella asked munching on the fruit

"They're fine, after our store closed down and at the same time I finished my studies they had a vacation and looked for new hobbies. As of now, my dad likes gardening, he has been growing his own vegetables and he has a bunch of chickens to feed. Whereas my mom studied all about baking, she baked breads, muffins, cakes of all kinds" I smiled recalling the happy faces of my parents with their newfound hobbies "How about you, Jella? how's your mom, step dad and your half sister doing?"

"They're fine also, both of them work full time cause my sister has school and I help them in any way I can. I went there in their country, in Greece and I stayed there for a while to help them, now I'm back here" Jella finished her oatmeal and took a sip of her coffee "Am I keeping you from somewhere? Is there a place you need to be right now?" Jella raised her eyebrows

"It's Sunday, the weekends are my day off" I placed the dishes in the sink.

"Good for you, anyway thank you for taking the time to see me last night. A lot of burden was unraveled and now I feel light" Jella stood up and faced me

"I'm glad I agreed because all my questions are answered and I forgave you a long time ago even when you didn't apologize" I smiled genuinely, I knew in myself I meant every word.

"Friends?" Jella raised her arm for a handshake in which I took

"Friends"

Jella left half an hour later, I had nothing planned for this day so I turned on the tv and while doing so I also checked on my phone. Hmm, it says in our group chat we have a newly hired person at the shop and they said it's a girl, her name's Joville. I wonder how she's going to be...
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo