Past or Future?

Chapter VIII -Truth or Dare-

I tied my shoelaces and looked at my reflection in the mirror. It's just movie right? So I went with a casual look, sleeveless black top matched with a denim coat, ripped jeans and sneakers. I let my hair the way it is and applied a bit of mascara and a touch of lipstick I was good to go. I grabbed my jacket, phone and wallet patted Atlas' head and went out front. To be honest I may seem calm but I am so nervous. Very nervous to be exact I mean, it's just us not like when we're in the shop but us alone watching a movie. What's the big deal? Get your shit together Art just make the most of it. I hailed a taxi and climbed in heading towards the mall where we agreed we would meet.

Twenty minutes later I was at the cinema hall looking for Joville, if she plan to bail out I would find it hurtful but at the same time confusing I mean, why invite someone to come with you when you're just gonna bail out? For the fun? That's low.

A girl walked by the side but her back to me , she was wearing a sleeveless top with a collar and a floral skirt just above her knees, white sandals and a matching white bracelet. When she spun around she almost took my breath away. It was Joville, let me take a moment to admire her beauty, it's something new to see cause when were at work we have a uniform and we all look the way we are. Don't get me wrong she looks pretty but this, it's like looking at her differently, a whole new level. A very high level, one's with the gods and godesses damn.

"I'm no photographer, but I can picture us together" Joville winked flirtatiously

"Whaaa??" I was so caught up with how beautiful she looked I didn't realize I was in my own reverie

"I said let's go the popcorn's calling me" Joville rolled her eyes but she knew she had a score. She grabbed my arm and headed towards the counter buying two tickets and bought us snacks and whatever else she wanted. Inside we went to our assigned seats and settled down.

"Hmm.. Truth or Dare, that's a pretty cliché title for a movie. Is this a love story? I'm warning you if it is I might be able to fall asleep" I took a sip of my lemonade

"No, this is not a love story... Well okay it has a love story but that's not the focus of the movie soooo" Joville smiled sheepishly grabbing her phone she punched a button motioned for me to come closer "Say cheeeth"

"Cheeeetthhh" we both said in unison and laughed at our silliness. She reviewed the picture and held it up in my face. "See that? We look good together don't we?" Joville was smirking

I smiled shyly and looked at her phone our faces close to each other with wide smiles, the soft light of the cinema giving our faces a bit of a dark look. "Can you give me a copy of that?" I asked but didn't look her in the eye, I am not used to this kind of flirting but it felt nice. Joville gently grabbed my chin to face her. In that moment, my heartstrings were definitely creating knots sending me signals that it's too early.

I smiled as casually as I could but my hands were shaking; looking into her eyes I saw an emotion but I can't quite know what it is. It has a warm glow and her pupils are dilated, I've read in some psychology tips and tricks that when someone's pupils are dilated when looking at you then it means they like you and I find that hard to believe. Joville's just flirting, harmless, just for fun. But deep down in my gut something tells me it's not true. Thankfully the lights went out and the movie began, I gently lifted my head and pointed at the screen.

***

"That was a cool movie, very modern and it could happen in real life you know if someone was that hell of a genius to create the game" I grabbed our trash and headed towards the exit

"I told you it would be fun and yeah, that would be cool unless we would end up killing each other then it's ugly" Joville walked alongside me

"Ugh, count me out I'd rather just play the original truth or dare game than that" I shivered, it was already dark when walked outside the mall, the sky turning dark blue and cute little stars starting to appear one by one.

"Then let's do it!" Joville said enthusiastically. Is now a good time to worry?

"Do what?" I know I'm acting dumb but I want to hear her say it

"Let's play truth or dare at your house"

Now is a good time to panic and look for my emergency box of excuses. After that scenario with Jella's mom I could proudly say the house was spotless but I was not in the mood for visitors especially the girl with me right now? Should we?

"I can physically see you having a debate with yourself and I say let's go before you can even refuse me" Joville waved a taxi and I inwardly groaned.

"Can we order pizza?" Joville was laying lazily on the couch

"Sure"

"Do you have booze?"

I raised my eyebrows not liking where this is going. I went to the kitchen and rummaged some cupboards and ladida a magical vodka appeared. I don't even know when I bought this. I went back to the living room and showed her the bottle. Damn that is one kilowatt smile.

"Perfect! Once the pizza's here we can start"

I grabbed some ice and juice, I may like drinking but vodka alone gags me up. The food was here and we were all set.

"You know the rules right? Answer the question or do the dare if not take a shot. So, who goes first?" Joville asked taking a bit of her food

"You can if you want to" I was not informed I would spend my weekend playing truth or dare with this girl, what is happening to the world.

"Okay, I go for truth" Joville looked at me challengingly

"Do you flirt with the others at the shop aside from me?" is this me speaking ? Where did that come from?

"No, I don't. only with you" I flush scarlet damn it "Truth or dare?"

"Dare" she might ask something weird, this is Joville for heavens sake no matter what I choose I'm dead meat

"You make it too easy for me Art, kiss me"

My mouth hanged open, I took a shot, Joville looked a bit disappointed but masked it and shook her head. Damn this shit's strong "Truth or dare?"

"Let's try dare this time" Joville crossed her arms on her chest

"Give me a piggy back ride and walk five times across the living room" this time it was her who's mouth hanged open

"You really are something Art" Joville stood up and did her dare

"Truth or shot?"

"Is that even allowed?" I asked skeptical

"Even if you chose dare and I told you what to do you'll just take the shot" Joville's lips perked

"Okay fine, still dare and I would really do it" this is not a good idea but damn I have no choice

"Not so fan of the truth eh? Okay then, lay down on top of me your face on my chest for 2 minutes" Joville looked so triumphant

Ugh, told you it was a bad idea. I stepped towards her and laid down gently so as not to hurt her. I placed my head on her chest and the timer began. We are not yet even drunk and look at us now. Joville placed her hands on my hair soothing it unlocking some tangles. I could hear and feel her heartbeat it was rapid like she did some workout whatnot.

"Are you nervous?" I tried finding her face

"No"

"De-ni-al" I sang

"Fine, I am. It's just that I really really do like you Art, seeing you, being with you makes me jumpy and excited. I go to work and I see you, it makes my whole day a lot better no matter how many demanding customers I encounter. You just make it feel so easy and light no matter how naive you get."

I heard every vibration on Joville's words. I flush again, I don't know what to say thankfully she can't see me when the timer rang meaning two minutes is up. I slowly got up and faced the opposite side not looking at her. "You shouldn't like me you know, I'm. . . .complicated to understand" as the words left my mouth, it felt like I was pushing Joville away. I didn't want her to like me because the truth is if she does I might fall for her and I don't think I'm ready for that.

"Look at me Art, please"

I turned halfway facing the table, Joville scooted closer and placed her arm on my shoulders. "I don't know what issues you might have, I wish you would open up to me but if it takes a lot of patience then so be it. I'm not giving up that easily Art, I know I have some effect on you too"

She was right and that scared me the most.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo