The Mistake

Chapter XII -Not So Awkward-

I trimmed the husky's fur aware that Jake's eyes were on me. Studying me carefully, what could he be thinking about? With every move I made, his eyes glistened with mixed emotions but mostly I can see the amusement. I am getting self conscious every minute, why is he still here? Does he plan to stay throughout the session? Or to irritate me more? Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and faced his direction.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" annoyance slowly bubbling.

"Well, hello to you too it's been a while, and to answer your question no I just went here to give my boy a cut. Am I not allowed?" he smirked.

Of all the grooming salons he could find he chose this place which was on purpose or accidentally but I highly doubt that "No, I just. . . I never wanted to see you again" I commented bluntly.

Sadness flashed in his eyes but just for a second and then it was gone replaced by a blank look. "Way to say it without flowering words. I thought you would have forgiven me. Anyway, I've changed into a different person I no longer abuse, hit, or treat other people badly"

"Why do I find that had to believe?" I questioned while gently rinsing his husky.

"Because you never saw it. You don't know the new me" he shrugged.

I sighed heavily "What's your deal? You sent those pictures and you called me threatening that Will's baby will never live. What can you say about those? Is that the change you took? Stalking your ex to the point knowing that she's pregnant? I laughed without humor.

His eyes went dark and cold "I want you back and the baby. I want both of you to be mine"

I gave him a are-you-crazy-look "What makes you think I'll go with you?"

"I know something and you are incredibly good in hiding it but it won't be long before someone else knows" his lips formed into an evil smile.

I turned on the hair dryer gently moving it around the husky's body and as the machine roared, Jake mouthed something to me which I didn't hear because of the noise. When I switched it off, the husky gave a shake and Jake was smiling secretly.

"Did you hear what I just said or did you read my lips?" Jake crossed his arms.

I shook my head blankly not having any idea.

"Pity. Is he done?" he asked changing the subject.

I patted the body one more time cleaning out strands here and there and it was good to go. Jake stood up and I handed him the leash, as our fingers touched his eyes narrowed at me and headed to reception to pay. I cleaned out the booth sweeping and and sanitizing the area but my mind was on something else. What did he know? And what did he say? My mind was reeling with possibilities, but the one I fear the most engulf them all. On the rational side how will he ever know, he's just bluffing big deal. Unless he's with Dr. Eleanor then I think that's the time I panic but as of now, I'm just overreacting to things. My phone buzzed indicating a text, I wiped my hands dry and opened it. One was from Sofia and the other was unknown, I opened it first.

"I'm not stupid to hurt you physically wherein you are at your most vulnerable. Just like you, I'll wait until the baby arrives, till I visit again"

Even an idiot would recognize Jake's text, doesn't take much of an effort to do so. Without reading Sofia's text I called her,

"Where are you?" I complained.

"Didn't you- Ugh why am I even asking. Let's meet in a cafe later after your shift. Bring all those juicy details" and hanged up, Sofia can be a pain sometimes.

As I attended to the other clients, it went on smoothly but my mind was on Jake. Seeing him again made me feel nervous, frightened, but weirdly relieved. Why would I be relieved? I guess after all those, I still owe him for helping my mom and because of him, she was well and doing things she loves doing. It may not have been so well to me but it was worth it.

"Bye Tasha. Tomorrow again" I waved.

"Take care along the way Korra, don't stay up late" she waved back.

I looked around and used my brain on where I was going to meet Sofia, there are a lot of cafes in here but I chose the one on the quiet side of the city. Fifteen minutes later, a warm chamomile tea in between my palms while patiently waiting for her. I typed a quick text for Will saying that I would meet a friend. He offered to fetch me after but I refused and reassuring him that I would be home soon. The doors opened and Sofia walked in like a diva, a few heads turned their way to her and seeing she was coming to my direction those heads turned to me with questioning gazes.

"Hey, girl! Don't be mad but I think your getting a bit chubby. . in a good way of course" she winked.

"Notice anything else?"

She studied me for a moment watching like a hawk "Eh. . you got laid?"

I laughed out loud not expecting that kind of answer "What the hell? Is getting. . . laid all you. . . care about?" I gasped in between chuckles.

"Girl, these babies" motioning in her chest and hips "need some massages from a hottie, ain't nothing gonna stop me"

I chuckled again in her remark "I feel sorry for the bloke next on the list"

She rolled her eyes playfully a smile displayed in her lips "So, what kind of force did you use to pull me here just because you had something oh so important to say that you couldn't just text or tweet to me?"

"Let's take from the start shall we? You have a lot of catching up to do"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo