The Mistake

Chapter XIII -Summarized-

"So let me get this through, that baby is not Will's. He knows that you're pregnant. He doesn't know that it's Jake's. Jake visited in the shop where you work. He threatened you and the baby. Your doctor knows as well that the father is not your partner. Your mother also knows everything but has no idea who Jake is who helped with the financial aid when she was confined in the hospital and you decide to keep this from me all this time while the people around you knew already?" her tone pitched at the last word.

"That's a good summary, yes to all except one. I really meant to tell you as soon as I could, that was why I forced you to come here. Do you think you'd handle this kind of information over a video call or on the phone? I don't think so" I shook my head giving Sofia an apologetic look.

"I'm curious. What's your next move? Aren't you going to tell Will?" she ate a spoonful of ice cream.

"Wait until everything falls apart? I can't tell him yet, I need timing. Will has been quite busy these past few days trying real hard to be promoted and I couldn't be more proud"

"Hmmm, how sure are you that Jake has no idea it's his? I know men sometimes can be as dumb as a potato but you never know"

At the pit of my stomach, something tells me that he might knew because of what he whispered in the shop. Should I be worried? Jake can be pretty smart when he wants to. Sofia snapped her fingers in front of me.

"Earth to Korra, are you there? Well? Is there a possibility he might know?"

I bit my thumb "Unless he keeps track on who he sleeps with and if he wears a condom or not, I doubt it"

"Are you two gonna meet again?"

Sofia is full of questions today, can't blame her though "Who knows. The last thing he said to me when he left the shop was, till he visits again so maybe around sometime?"

"I would be sweating gold if I was in your place. How come you are all so calm and reserved?" Sofia placed her elbow on the table and her chin on her palm.

"Because if I panic and would feel nervous all the time, Will would notice specially now that he's paying extra attention to me. Jake would have manipulated me into saying the truth and that's the last thing I wanted to do" I sighed exasperatedly.

"It's like I'm on this drama in TV and your the star with all those complications and my role is like the best friend and help you on what you need to do. This all too exciting but at the same time I feel bad for you. I'm sorry. I know I joke around all the time but I want you to know that your problems are also mine. I wouldn't let Jake ruin both of you. He's a useless prick" Sofia gently held my hand.

"With all that sassyness you have, your still a softie when it comes to me" I stuck my tongue out.

"Don't get mushy now, it's only reserved for the little angel inside you" she rolled her eyes.

I gave her a flying kiss puckering my lips loudly.

***

I arrived home later than usual. Will was still at the living room almost asleep, the TV running. At the sound of footsteps his eyes immediately opened looking at me with concern.

"Why are you sleeping uncomfortably on the couch? Did you eat yet?" I held his hair running my fingers through it. He hugged my waist his face on my belly. Then he looked up smiling at me.

"I was waiting for you and yes I did eat already. How was your friend's visit? Is she someone I know?"

"I don't think so sweetie, she was a grade school friend of mine so way way back when I was still in pigtails and braces" I winked lying through my teeth. Am I a great actress or what? Truth to be told why am I even lying to him when I was seeing Sofia? Because you're afraid Will might ask something that's baby related and will catch you off guard about the truth. My mind answered for me. Makes sense.

"How was work?" deliberately changing the subject.

"It was good. As usual busy the whole day, had to answer a lot of emails for the boss, set up appointments, meet his new clients. Never ending cycle" he yawned tiredly.

"Let's go to bed now, I can see that the dragon is sleepy" I pulled his arm gently.

"When are you visiting the doctor again?" Will turned off the lights and walked through the door.

"I have an appointment next week on Wednesday I think. Does it fit to your schedule? I queried. I don't want Will to miss work just because he has to accompany me to Eleane.

"For you baby, always" he kissed my forehead and the room went dark.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo