The Mistake

Chapter XIV - He or She?-

"The baby is in a healthy condition, just don't stress too much and if you do exercise do it gently. I know you've had weird cravings but please, watch out on whatever you put on your mouth and make sure it's clean. Since it's been 5 months, I'm gonna have to change your meds for something more appropriate and also some vitamins to keep you going. As you have observed, the bump is now visible and the baby weighs around a pound more likely the size of a football. You can see here his or her hands moving in their own also, it has unique fingerprints.

During this time, what you felt during the past months will slowly increase like pain in your back, your sides, your thighs. The pain will increase gradually as the months go by, you'll experience headaches, nausea, fatigue, bleeding gums and many more and it is perfectly normal but unless the pain you feel is in your abdomen then definitely call me immediately just to sure"

Dr. Eleanor or as she insisted, Elean examined my belly. I could see his tiny fingers moving. She moved the cursor around for me to see in all angles. My baby, so tiny and innocent and it's inside me. An overwhelming feeling went through me, my tears are slowly dropping. I imagined my mom doing the same thing when she was pregnant with me. Is this how she felt like? I wish she was here to see this , she would be a great grandma. I sniffed, Elean stopped moving and looked at me with concern.

"Is everything all right? Do you feel ill?

"Yes. It's just. . I'm being dramatic seeing this for the first time in my life and it's really overwhelming. Do you have kids, Elean?"

The question took her off guard, eyes widening "Well, I almost had one but she was miscarried" her voice trailed off sadly looking away.

"Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. You must have been devastated, how did your partner take it?"

"Not so well, after we heard the news he wanted a divorce. I was so lost and crushed during those times that I wanted to disappear from the world, but then I thought twice and I told myself that I never want anyone like me experience what I had to go through. That's why I studied and the rest his history" she smiled kindly.

So that explains why she is so caring and concerned. I never imagined someone like her would have to go through that kind of pain. I couldn't even imagine myself. Visions of her telling me that I lost the baby gave me the shivers and I felt my heart pumping rapidly. No, I don't think I have the same strength as her to go through the same situation, but she reassured me that she would do everything to keep my baby safe. Will squeezed my shoulders indicating that it was time to get up. Elean rubbed my belly with a dry paper towel and I sat up. Will assisted me in standing up and we both took a sit across from Elean. She scribbled something on the paper and handed it to me.

"Those are your prescriptions, the first one you'll have to take twice a day and the second one, once a day. Do you have any other questions?"

"None. You explain well and again, I'm really sorry that happened to you. I wish I've met you in that time of your life" I smiled at her genuinely.

"Thank you, Korra. It was something that I would never forget but if I didn't have it, I wouldn't be here and I wouldn't have met both of you and your tiny angel. Things happen and there is always a reason no matter how bad it got"

I stood up, waving, me and Will left the office. It was almost night time, the weather was calm and air breezy.

"Do you want to take a stroll? It's a lovely evening" Will stopped and looked at me.

"Sure, at the park would be nice"

We headed to the park, the post lights glowing nicely on the street giving the place a romantic kind of vibe. There were a small amount of people chatting, taking pictures and walking around. Small children playing in the playground. Will looked pointed at them with his chin giving me a knowing look.

"Soon, he or she would be doing the same thing" he smiled.

"And would be calling you dada, aww that's so sweet and cute" I cooed.

Will laughed "Don't get mushy now, you might end up crying again and I would hate to think that people around us are staring because you're crying and I'm helplessly lost trying to calm you down"

I smacked his shoulder playfully "I was not the cry baby type and you know that. Sometimes the hormones act all so crazy I myself can't even cope with it" I shook my head.

"Well, I need to be ready these next months and after that it will be all over. Unless, you want to do it again?" he winked flirtatiously.

"I would if you're the one who's getting pregnant" I chuckled.

Will shook his head patiently going along with my pace. I inhaled deeply, savouring the fresh air. It feels nice to be away from pressure and drama. All you can think about is the peacefulness the surroundings offer and the company that you have with you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo