The Mistake

Chapter XVII -Wise Words-

I sipped on my milkshake while waiting for Sofia. Time went by still Jake haunted me in my dreams. I'm now six months pregnant which means three more to go. I have been having difficulties with my body especially my back. The medication helps but it's not enough, I asked Elean for something stronger but she refused saying that it may harm my body and the baby. Will has been more attentive than ever assisting me in everything, he even cooks every other day. Can this man be real? I tapped my foot while glancing at my wristwatch, little more now. The door of the cafe opened and the diva walked in moving swiftly across the tables eyes on my belly.

"Look how big it is! I am so excited for this angel to come out. I'll be the best god mother she'll ever have. Whats it's gender?" Sofia gently tapped my belly caressing it.

I smiled adoring her "We want it to be a surprise, no spoilers of any kind if you happen to know from an unknown source" I warned playfully.

"Pssh.. Like I would tell you. Well? How you been? Has Jake showed up again? Is he plotting revenge? Is he threatening you again? Is he getting someone else pregnant? Have you-"

"Woah there tiger, easy with the questions. I can't even keep up with it. What do you know about Jake so far? I tend to forget things here and there" I hid behind my straw as if it would protect me from her rant.

"Well, you said you saw each other again and he was acting weird about something he knows. Then, he and Will have not seen each other, YET. And you became close friends with your doctor"

I nodded "Yes and to update you, I have some shocking news. Well, to me it was really shocking and unexpected. It just shows to what extent Jake could be even if he did explain to me" Sofia's head perked all eyes and ears on me "Jake and my doctor Elean are dating"

Her mouth formed a big O here eyes wide and her expression a mixture of "no way" and disbelief. Sofia shook her head laughing lightly "Ha! What kind of twisted fairytale is that?"

I shrugged "You tell me, he even said he didn't know that Elean was my doctor until I went to their house. I think it was Elean's house but still. Elean wanted me to check her dog urgently and when we arrived there, Jake was surprised to see me as I am to see him when in fact on that day we saw each other at the grocery store. Could things get anymore twisted?"

"It's like fate want the two of you to be together. You always see each other and coincidences doesn't seem likely so"

"He also said those words in a flirtatious way. It's like he wants me to go back to him"

Sofia raised an eyebrow "Do you?"

I gave her a are you crazy look "What the f--k? Why would I go back to him? That bastard never did any good well except for this, it's an angel with his genes. I doubt I could do anything about that"

Sofia pursed her lips "I suggest that you should tell Will before the baby will be born. It'll give him time to think and if he does leave your house for a while I could watch over you in the meantime"

"You really reckon that? What if Will never comes back and leaves me on my own?" I asked nervously desperate for advice and guidance.

"All of this" her hands motioning in the air "Is no one's fault okay? Let me ask you, would you rather let the baby be born but lying to Will all his life until would have suspicions on his own and find out the truth that way OR telling him beforehand and letting him understand that you never wanted it to happen. If he leaves and never comes back at least he'll know that you were honest with him rather than hiding everything and knowing all at the end"

I pondered on Sofia's words. Would Will accept me knowing this is the real me as a person?

"And also, if you tell him, all questions you have in your head right now will be washed off with relief"

I took a deep sigh "I hate how you could be so wise and right at times"

"All of us have problems even me but I face them rather differently and think things through" she smiled.

"Fine. Next month I'll tell him. To be honest, the guilt is eating me alive and I don't think I could go on much longer"

"Then why wait? Tomorrow would be a good time" Sofia crossed her arms questioningly.

"I need to think on what to say and how to do it carefully. Will may seem like the perfect boyfriend daddy to be but everyone of us has a negative side and I'm thinking I might see those once I deliver the news"

"You never saw his negative side? Have the two of you even fought?

Well. . "Well, yes we did but things we fight over are petty ones and sometimes I tend to be so over dramatic when all I want is his attention. As of now, he pays attention all the time so no complaining there" I gave a half smile.

"Take my advice and we'll see how it goes"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo