The Mistake

Chapter XIX -It's a Girl-

"Come on Korra, you got this!! PUSH!" my mom encouraged.

"ARRRGHHHHHHH!!! JESUS!" I groaned as the contractions got worse. I felt weak with every push I muster. My right arm weary from holding on to the metal bar for support. My mom held my left encouraging every push. I never knew giving birth was so hard to do and so oh so very painful. I can't even describe it, it's all over my body running through my system. I took a deep breath and heaved giving another push. I was showering with my own sweat, I should be embarrassed that my legs are wide open facing Elean but none of those mattered. The only clear thought that I have at the moment was to push the baby out of my body and not to pass out. Deep breaths I reminded myself.

"ARRRGHHHH!!" I gave one last pushed and laid heavily on the bed. The sound of crying waked my senses. Elean emerged beneath my legs well technically she was busy assisting my baby to be out but you know, you get the pic. She held a cloth in her arms , she looked at me and smiled.

"It's a girl" Elean walked closer and placed the baby on my arms. I watched her small face with admiration and awe. I touched her cheek gently kissing her forehead. All that pain, all those sleepless nights, all those cravings for this little one. I find it a bit hard to believe but all of those were worth it the moment I saw her. I looked at my mom, she smiled down at me admiringly.

"She looks beautiful just like you"

"I can't explain what I'm feeling right now but I'm glad you're here mom"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world, darling"

"Hey, Korra. How are you feeling?" Elean spoke up.

"Honestly? I have no idea" I chuckled.

"Let me clean her for a bit okay? And you too" Elean took her carefully and went out the room. The nurse assisted me and cleaned carefully my legs, it was a bit awkward I'm just glad she's a girl. Minutes later Elean walked back.

"You'll need to stay here for a few days, we need to run some tests and also, you need to gain back you strength" she gave a small smile and walked out.

"How was the experience? Will you be doing it again in the future? My mom asked playfully.

"Really mom? I don't think so" I chuckled lightly.

The door opened and the diva walked in like owning the place, she beamed widely at me.

"Heeeeyyyy! Oh my god you look amazing and also haggard but overall just amazing" she kissed my forehead gently cupping my cheek.

"Hello to you too" I smiled weakly.

"So sorry, I could have gotten earlier but there was a last minute emergency in work, I had to"

"You've done enough already, don't feel bad. I can never thank you enough" I smiled up at Sofia.

"Would you girls want something to eat? I'll be hunting for some decent food outside" my mom called out grabbing her purse.

"Some soup for me, any kind. Not really in the mood for something solid now. Thanks"

"Anything for me. Here." Sofia handed my mom some bills in which she refused strongly saying it was her treat and she went off.

Me and Sofia looked at each other, neither saying anything. What would I say? I was tired but seeing her bubbly face gave me a bit of strength to chat more.

"So. . Elean still has no clue?"

I shook my head. "It's like Jake's waiting for me to say it to her or I don't know whatever his motive is. He's just confusing and thinking about him stresses me out"

"Does he know you gave birth today?"

"Pretty much. Elean may have said it to him and I wouldn't be surprised if he visits. My mom doesn't know him and I'll just say he's just a friend. The friend of the demon" I chuckled at my joke.

"Will hasn't returned?"

I looked at Sofia sadly "I'm not hoping or anything but I do wish I could see his lovely face again"

"Who knows? I know he's a keeper. I guess he was just shocked with your news he had to keep himself away for further damage" Sofia shrugged.

"Damage? What do you mean?" I frowned at her.

"Put yourself in Will's shoes, like he has a baby but the mother left it to him and then meets you and introduces the baby. Do you think you'll accept immediately? Will's a man so violence is always a possibility. In my own opinion, he may have distanced himself from you so that when the anger hits him he wouldn't be able to hit you. That's how much Will cares about you"

I stared into space lost in thought, if what Sofia is saying a possibility, how long will I have to wait for him to return? How long must I endure the pain of nurturing a baby without someone in my life? I know being a single mom can be tough but with Will, I could see a future with him. I could see him playing with our angel, protecting her and showing her how a girl should always be treated. I gave a sigh, rolling to the side, a tear escaping my eye.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo