The Mistake

Chapter II -More Bad News-

"Have fun later with Sofia love, send my regards" Will kissed my forehead and headed out. After he was gone, I groaned loudly and touched my belly. It hasn't grown yet so I think a few weeks?
I never knew getting drunk at that party was a big mistake. Yeah, sure, blame the alcohol and the even,t that's what they always say. The voice in my head sarcastically replied.

I frowned and recalled the memory, bits and pieces here and there and then we entered a room. Will took off his shirt smiling sexily at me, my vision was extremely blurry but I could make out Will's physique. He has blonde hair, when did Will have blonde hair? Blondie handed me the red cup and said to drink it all in one go, I did, and what happened after that was not pretty.

I snapped out of my reverie and checked the time. Oh shit! If I don't move now I'm sure as hell I'll be late. I grabbed my towel and sprinted to the bathroom, did the fastest bath I could muster, putting on slacks while brushing my teeth. I checked everything on my bag and went out jumping onto my bike. I pedaled as fast and as carefully as I can. Sadly, fate was not in favor with me and I hit a red light. Damn it, I gritted my teeth balancing on one foot. I checked my watch, five minutes more or less, the ninja in me should be awake now with energy I never knew existed coursed through my veins. The second the green light was on I felt like a freaking road runner pedaling the life out of me. I saw the familiar signage of the of the shop, heading towards the direction I finally reached it. Wasting no time, I dumped the bike and quickly went inside placing my finger on the sensor I checked the time. Ten seconds before eight YES! I fist bumped the air, Tasha shook her head smiling at me.

"Don't forget the bike hun, or else the old hag would have your neck again" Tasha laughed.

I smiled "Yeah, yeah I just didn't want to be late". I went back outside and parked my bike properly, grabbing my bag and headed to the locker room. I fished out my keys and grabbed the apron, mask and gloves. I placed my bag inside and wore the garments. I went onto the lobby and checked my schedule, I have three dogs to groom this day. Cool. I checked first on Tasha to see if one of the owners are here.

"Hey hun, what time will the first owner arrive? I peeked in her clipboard.

"She said she would arrive around thirty minutes after the shop opens but you never know right? Her poodle is very lovely, once cleaned thoroughly, that pupper would shine like a diamond" Tasha winked at me "How you been hun?"

"As you can see, same old me. I better prepare the shampoos scissors and stuff. This pupper has a lot of curly white hair, dirt is easier to spot"

Tasha nodded agreeing. I work in this cute shop wherein we do services for dogs like grooming, cleaning, we even offer some training. I know it's not the best paying job out there but I enjoy what I do and talking to them while grooming makes me feel less judged because they just listen and never respond. I sanitized the equipment and cleaned the area while waiting for the owner. Moments later, she arrived carrying her messy white poodle in her arms. Tasha entertained her for a bit and motioned for me. I then went to the lady smiling broadly.

"Good morning ma'am"

"This is Korra, your groomer for today. Korra, this is Ms. Jacx" Tasha introduced us.

"Pleasure" Ms. Jacx and I shook hands "Please be gentle on Whiskey, he's very energetic and tends to move around a lot"

"I will" I nodded smiling.

"Hey boy, I'm gonna be gone for a while okay? See you later" Ms. Jacx cooed and handed Whiskey to me. I took him carefully, seeing that her pup was comfortable Ms. Jacx nodded and left.

"All right Whiskey, let's get you cleaned and looking handsome" Whiskey looked at me, his big dogs eyes staring blankly.

The day went on and before I knew it, it was closing time. We cleaned and sanitized the area making sure excess fur was not visible and the floors shining. Don't get me wrong I love my job but the owner sometimes gets on my nerves, I try to ignore it since she's already a senior but hell sometimes when she visits her eyes are as sharp as a hawk. A single hair or a single smudge could be easily spotted. We try to avoid it as much as we can but to no hope she always spots something and rants us on about it. I disposed my gloves and mask and checked my phone. Two messages from Will and a missed call from Sofia. I read his messages,

"Have a good day at work. Love Ya"

"Won't b cooking dinner. Eat healthy with Sofia"

I smiled. Will really is one of a kind. I quickly typed him a text saying not to wait for me later and reminding him to be safe always. I then called Sofia, After 4 rings. .

"Hey baddest bitch! Where the hell are you?" Sofia's voice boomed, I moved the phone a bit farther from my ear.

"Sorry, just finished work. Where are you?"

"At the pub, near the cinema house"

"I can't drink now, I have a bike. How bout a diner?

"You suck big time. Fine. The diner on the third block, meet you there" Sofia hanged up

I shook my head smiling, typical Sofia.

Twenty minutes later I was outside and I could see Sofia's silhouette from the distance. I parked my bike and headed inside. The smell of food made my stomach growl. Is this really my stomach or is it the growing thing inside me that's hungry. Sofia raised her hand and I headed to her direction.

"Hey you" I greeted sitting down across her.

"Why are you not having drinks? Are you pregnant?" Sofia looked at me accusingly.

My heart stopped in my throat, my breathing became ragged and my palms began to sweat. How. . did. . she know? I never told anyone about it, yet.

Sofia laughed immediately pointing a finger at me "You shoulda seen yer face, relax baddest bitch I was just joking. Unless. . . you are?" Sofia raised an eyebrow.

I scoffed "Just because I have a boyfriend doesn't mean automatically that I wanna get pregnant" I was trying really hard not to give away any signs or clue because basically Sofia is right.

"Whatever. But if you do get preggy, I wanna be the sassiest auntie she could have" Sofia flicked her head.

She. . Sofia assumed but she could be right, what if this baby's a girl or a boy. Ugh, it's too early for that and well. . not yet confirmed. Had three pregnancy tests and still not convinced, I really need to see the doctor tomorrow otherwise I'll never know for sure.

"How are you, Sofia?"

"I'm good, you know. Doing great. Listen, I'll get to the point. There's something I need to tell you" Sofia looked so serious.

"Your scaring me with that look. Is this another joke?" I commented.

"No. This is not a joke. Sooner or later you and Will are gonna see Jake again"

My mouth went dry, how great is his timing. "When? Why? How did you know?"

"He messaged me a few days back asking about you and how you were doing. And if you and Will were still together. If I were you, as early as now, better watch your backs. Jake has something up in his sleeve"

I drew my head back exhaling a breath. Jake. Soon. Here. Why. The baby. No. he can't know.

"He can't know what?" Sofia asked.

Oops, said out loud "He can't know about how I'm doing or about my personal life. Being with Will, life has been peaceful"

"Not for long now" Sofia shook her head.

And again I knew she was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo