The Mistake

Chapter XXIII -Throw Down-

"Can I invite you for dinner tonight? If you're available? You can bring Jake with you if you want" I secretly hoped she would to finish all of these once and for all. I can't let Jake control me on one minor thing and nothing is gonna stop me from telling Elean.

"That's very nice of you, what's the occasion?" Elean smiled delightedly.

"Just something to do with life, what time will you be done later?"

Elean checked her clipboard scanning the list "I still have some appointments until seven thirty, would eight onwards be okay?"

"Of course, no pressure there" I smiled standing up from the bed, I grabbed my bag and kissed Elean goodbye mumbling see you later. Once outside, I called Sofia "Hey, it's a go let's meet at the grocery in fifteen minutes, I need to grab a few things"

"Yes. Hello. This is Sofia. Oh, Korra I didn't know it was you. A little greeting would make my day. Okay, whatever you say" Sofia mocked on the phone, her voice echoed making it sound like she was in the shower.

"Wait, are you finished or are you just starting?"

"Finished or starting of what?" she asked dubiously.

"You are in the shower are you?"

"I just finished girl, I'll be a little late. You know I need to glam up bye"

The beeping sound came and I shook my head smiling. I walked to the car where Will was waiting. When he saw me, he opened the passenger door from the inside.

"How was it?" he kissed my cheek.

"We're gonna have dinner tonight, let's meet Sofia in the mart to grab some things needed"

"As you wish, my queen" Will smiled and drove off. "Oh hey, can you grab the water bottle from the back? In the box right there please"

I turned around and fumbled, I grabbed the bottle but something caught my attention. Slowly, I settled on my seat. The strap of the bottle had a hook attached to it, I held it close to my face and my eyes widened. It wasn't a hook, I looked at Will, he was smiling nervously eyes on the road.

"I-- you. . .is. . . er. ." I fumbled, trying to figure out what to say deliberately. "What's. . . this Will?" I held the ring on the dashboard for him to see.

Will stopped and parked by a bridge then faced me "That's a ring. I know this is not the most romantic proposal that you may have imagined but just like that ring, my love for you is never ending and if you would be so kind to accept. I am asking you now. Would you marry me and spend the rest of your life with me together with little Kate? It's all right if you can't give me an answer for now but at least think about it" Will looked so nervous his hands were visibly shaking on his lap and his eyes innocent and full of hope.

I took a deep breath, my lips curled up "Being asked in a car by the bridge with the man I love the most? Why would I complain? Of course I will marry you Will!" I hugged him hard.

Will hugged me back and took the ring placing it on my ring finger then kissed me on the lips sweetly "I love you, Korra, always"

"I love you too Will, always. Now, let's go, Sofia might already be there"

***

I stood up and clinked the side of the glass gently to grab everyone's attention, looking around I beamed "Elean, Jake, thank you for coming tonight. It is such a pleasure and thank you mom for the heavenly food you have prepared for us. Tonight is not just an ordinary night." I took a breath and looked at Sofia, she gave me an encouraging smile then I faced Will who was gritting his teeth at Jake "I am very pleased to announce that Will and me are engaged"

Applause filled the room, even Jake, but his eyes narrowed at me. I held my hand up for a stop "Elean. In the past few months, you and I became very fond of each other and grew closer. I am very happy that I met someone like you in life and I will cherish our friendship always. First and foremost please accept my apology for what I am about to say. I am truly sorry that this happened, I know it is not easy to forgive but I hope one of these days you will"

Elean looked at me blankly not having any idea on what's going on. Jake gave me a challenging face. My mom, Sofia and Will kept their faces neutral. "The baby I brought to this world is Jake's daughter and mine. Before you say anything, I never wanted this to happened but here it is. Like I said, I don't expect you to forgive me instantly because I know this is a lot to take in"

Elean scowled at me and faced Jake "You're the father?! Why didn't you ever tell me? Have you known all along?!" Elean faced me, rage visible in her eyes "You knew each other the whole time and you didn't even bother to tell me. So everything at the house was an act? Introducing yourselves acting as if it was your first time knowing each other? What kind of friend does that?!"

"Babe, wait. ." Jake tried to hold her hand, Elean shoved forcefully away from his grip

"Don't you dare call me babe you lying prick"

"Elean. Hear me out" I called to her. She snapped her head towards me her eyes full of fury her gaze intense "This was an accident all right? It had happened months ago and I was clueless at that time because I was drunk and he took advantage of me. I decided to keep the baby because I wanted to raise her as my own but I never wanted Jake to be part of that family. That guy" I pointed at Jake "stalked me, threatened me that he'll kill her thinking it was Will's but when he got to you and snooped your things, he saw my file, he knew. I wanted to tell you long ago but I was afraid that you might do something rash and blame me for everything. I wanted you to hear my side of the story before he tells you anything. I warned you before haven't I? I told you he was no good and look at it now. It's a mess and that's all on him"

Elean listened intently her face giving no reaction. She faced Jake again and to our surprise, she dumped an entire glass of water on him "That's not even half of it. Show your face to me again and I swear to god I'll strangle you to death you deceiving piece of shit" Elean stood up and grabbed her things then faced my mom "Thank you for the food, very much appreciated" then she went to the door and slammed it hard.

All of us gave Jake a disapproving look "Please, get out Jake." I said calmly.

Without another word, he stood up and left closing the door gently behind him Sofia shouted "Nice knowing you son of a bitch"

"Hey" I consoled

"Well. . . that went well, what now?" I asked Will.

"Now, is the time you make wedding arrangements, seeing that Sofia is still here, she could help you out" he gave me a small smile.

"Dessert anyone?" my mom asked lightening the mood.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo