The Mistake

Chapter XXIV -End-

I faced the mirror nervously. The woman stared back at me, her eyes shining, her face delicate. The white dress fitting my body perfectly in every curve and angle. I dreaded for this day and I never knew I get to spend it with someone who I'm sure with. I thought weddings were suppose to make you happy and make you believe in forever. And I am happy, but still I don't believe in forever. As time is endless and the world will still revolve even after our generation pass away and we will never know where we will be next. But as for this moment, it is perfect. I believe nothing in the world is perfect, it only depends on a person on how they see and what they believe is perfect. As for me, perfect is when I get to spend my life with the person I love the most and of course, the angel I brought into this world.

I took one last glance and headed out of the door. My mom was waiting outside and when she saw me, she smiled genuinely. She was beautiful in that aqua blue dress, looked younger even, her eyes popping out. Kate jumped from the side holding a basket of rose petals. She looked cute in her flower girl dress. I picked her up carefully planting a kiss on her forehead. Time sure flies by, Kate grew up to be joyful and energetic just like I used to and my mom couldn't have been more proud.

"You ready Korra? The car is waiting outside" my mom squeezed my hand and I gave her a squeeze back nodding.

The church looked so elegant yet keeping it's religiousness in it's decorations. Outside, petals of various flowers scattered on the floor just like how I imagined it to be when I was still young. I got on the car, my mom assisting me with my dress. Music began to fill my ears and I started slowly walking in the aisle, my mom held the bouquet for me and held my arm on the right and little Kate on my left messily throwing her own petals jumping joyously. As we entered the hall, all eyes turned to me like a superstar who just arrived. My heart pounded with all the attention I received but all of it disappeared when I saw Will's figure standing by the altar waiting patiently for me. I swallowed and looked for Sofia. She was standing on the first bench smiling encouragingly at me telling me silently you go girl.

As I neared the altar, I kissed my mom's cheek and grabbed the bouquet from her. Kate kissed my hand looking up at me innocently, my heart melted with her gesture. They settled on the first bench with Sofia and I walked towards Will who grabbed my hand and kissed my knuckles "You look absolutely breathtaking" he whispered and together we faced the altar and the ceremony began.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End.

Thank you dear Cutie for having the time to read my story. Check out my other works and we'll see each other on the next one. Stay Safe!

xoxo

Artemis