The Mistake

Chapter V -Abuse-

Sofia gave me a call warning me that Jake could be back in town and that I needed to be careful. She wanted to stay but her business is calling her, a lot of orders from customers which mean I'll see her again the next month or so. I readied myself for the trip to my mother, packed my bags and carrying a bouquet waiting for the bus. Will wanted to come along but as soon as the words left his mouth, a pained expression came to his face when his phone rang. I don't know if I'll be happy that fate was finally coming for my rescue or feel bad because I feel good about him not being able to come along. Before I left, Will gave me a beautiful bouquet of red roses. Don't ask me where he got it in an instant but it was there, he said to give it to my mom as a way of apology for not being able to come. How sweet of him. Even my mother would fall in love with him but no. No.

I stepped in the bus and found a vacant spot, settling myself I plugged my earphones. "Passenger Seat" was playing, I looked out of the window feeling the moment.

***

"Don't you want a family Korra?" Jake was gripping my arm a little too tightly for my liking.

I scrunched my face "Yes, I do. Someday but not right now, there are a lot of things that I want to do with my life. You can't cut me off on that Jake"

Jake gripped even tighter making me wince. These are gonna leave marks later on. "I told you! I could provide! I earn money, I can take care of the baby. I can take care of you!" Jake forcefully pulled my arm making me come closer to him.

"J-Jake. . your hurting. . me" I complained trying to remove my arm from him.

"Say you'll marry me! Say it! Say you'll have a family and live with me!" Jake was shouting now in my face.

"I. . "

Jake slapped me hard across my face, I fell backwards losing my balance. He gripped my hair and pulled it upwards, pain stinging on my face and now he's pulling my scalp. I covered my face in attempt to protect myself. Tears where threatening to spill and I knew how much he hated seeing it on me.

"When I ask you a question, you answer politely. Do you understand?" Jake drawled the words out with so much authority as if talking to a slave. He released my hair pushing me backwards, I fell on my knees looking so miserable and pathetic. I wiped my eyes so that tears wouldn't fall or else Jake would give me another smack on the face.

The door suddenly bursted open revealing Sofia carrying some grocery bags. Her eyes caught mine and then on my arm, quickly with failed attempt, I covered it with my other arm trying to stand up. She dropped the bags and ran towards me examining my arm and then on my face. Without asking questions she looked for Jake around the house rummaging the rooms as loudly as she could.

"He already left, Sofia. Please calm down" I tried to speak but my voice was hoarse, it lost it's strength.

"I'm gonna fucking kill that guy! What did he do this time? Did he try to rape you? Force you to do drugs? Made you his slave? What? Tell me!" Sofia was so angry her face all red and wild, her hands formed into fists.

I shook my head "I'm okay, just marks and stinging pain on my face"

"I'll go get some ice to reduce the pain" Sofia went and came back a moment later.

I smiled at her gratefully and placed the ice on my face. The cooling sensation made the sting bearable. Sofia was quiet, watching me, but on the looks of her face I can already see questions waiting to fire at me. She helped me sit on the couch and then went to grab the groceries and closed the door which was left open the moment she arrived. After she settled the things, she came back to me with a glass of milk.

"I don't understand why you still stay in a relationship with him" her voice was quiet.

"I love him, Sofia. I don't understand the feeling but I really do" I bit my lip questioning the words that are coming out of my mouth.

"You still love him even when he does this to you? What if I move to another city? I won't be able to watch out for you? You'll just let him do this?" Sofia asked incredulously

"I. . . need him. ."

Sofia raised her eyebrows "Need him? For what?"

I gave a deep sigh "My mom is in the hospital as of now because of the car accident. It's pretty bad that she'll need surgery, I couldn't pay all the expenses and Jake offered to help. In exchange, he just wants me to be his girlfriend. At first I thought it would be fine because Jake seems like a nice guy until a couple months later, I don't know what has gotten into him. Or maybe I don't know him that much until this side of him shows. My mom was okay and was discharged a month later. I told Jake that I didn't need his help anymore and that's when he got all obsessed and possessive. My mom didn't know a thing or two about all this, I only told you. Please, don't say anything, I don't want to burden her and blame herself because of what happened"

Sofia gave a big O with her mouth trying to process everything I've said.

I didn't know I was spacing out until the conductor tapped my shoulder gently indicating that we have arrived. I stepped out of the bus, my mom was sitting on one of the benches. She looked up and saw me, a bright smile lit her face.

"Aww, my baby come here" She hugged me tightly soothing my back. I wrapped my arms around her absorbing the familiar scent and figure I've always loved. After a second or two we broke apart.

"These are for you, Will sent it as a way of apologizing for not being able to come"

"Isn't he sweet? Come, tell me how you've been"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo