The Mistake

Chapter VI -Decisions-

"These are delicious mom, you've made a lot of improvement" I savored the taste of beef tenderloin, my mom's newly acquired recipe. Yes, I know I'm not suppose to eat meat just a little piece won't hurt.

"Glad you love them, took me a month to perfect it" biting a piece herself "So, how are you and Will? Things seem to get serious between you two"

I shrugged "Will is a sweetheart nothing else to say"

"I'm glad you finally found someone who you admire very much" my mom smiled genuinely.

"I miss dad"

My mom placed her palm on mine giving it a light reassuring squeeze "I miss him too sweetheart,everyday"

"Don't you get lonely all by your own? I'm not saying that you'd replace dad, no one can do that but I mean find new love" I suggested.

"There are things in life that will never be replaced. As for me, I don't think finding a partner is a necessity. I enjoy my private time mostly by the garden and if I ever need help, the neighbors would always be ready without hesitation. They love me like that" she winked.

"If you say so" I took one long deep breath. "Mom, there's something that you need to know"

"Sure, what is that?"

She's all eyes and ears now, I bit my lip forming the words carefully "How would you react if I told you there's a bun in the oven?"

"I didn't bake earlier. . ." her voice pitched at the last word, realization framing her face "You're pregnant?"

I nodded waiting for her reply.

My mom squealed a bit too loudly for my liking "That's wonderful news dear, does Will already know?"

Of course she's assumed it was Will's why can't it be just his? "There's just a bit of a problem. . . . . . It's not his"

My mom's hyperactive persona fades immediately clouded by dread and disbelief "What?! You're going out with another man? I raised you better that that"

"Whoa, mom, hear me out please? It was like this, me and Will were invited to a friends party three weeks ago. I was heavily drunk at that time and didn't know who was who. When I came out after using the bathroom Will's friend came and said to me that we would be leaving and my things were already in the car. That was a red flag because we didn't have a car, we only took the cab on our way to their house but of course I didn't know because I was so drunk and sleepy that I just went with this guy. On our way home I fell asleep, and the last thing I remember I was in a room with a guy who has blond hair. The next morning I knew something happened because my clothes were neatly piled on the chair beside me, I was buck naked mom I had no idea. Long story short, the baby is not Will's"

I took a breath, my mom's face was full of concern and worry. She was silent for a moment maybe trying to absorb everything I said.

"Who is the father?" she whispered quietly.

"Well, you don't exactly know him but he was an ex" I answered matching her tone.

"You were duped Korra, we should report this to the police. Does that guy know that you're pregnant with his child?"

"No. No one knows. I only told you because I knew that no matter how bad things can be I know you would understand"

"And I do, but Will has the right to know. Are you keeping it?"

"That's a decision that I haven't made my mind yet and plus, Sofia said that he would be back for me and Will"

"Who would be back?"

"Jake mom. My ex, the father of this child"

She laid back in her chair, eyes wide, her lips forming a straight line. "What have you gotten yourself into?"

"I don't know mom please, help me. I know what Jake is capable of, he is the abusive type and won't take no for an answer"

"You could stay here for a few days until we come up with a plan"

"I have work and I can't leave Will suddenly, he'll be suspicious. He already has doubts whenever I would go to the bathroom early in the morning doing business"

My mom opened her mouth but no words came out. I guess she's just as confused and disoriented as I am. Oh universe what the hell do I do, can you give some signs or something?

"Have you and Jake met recently?"

"No. I think he would surprise us with a gift or a letter or something that's suspicious. That's how he moves, like a stalker"

"As far as I can see you are safe for now. But that belly's gonna swell and I think Will is not that much of an idiot not to know"

I nodded waiting for her to continue.

"Why don't you just pretend that you're pregnant and that it's his? Tell him on an occasion or maybe when the two of you go out for a lovely dinner and surprise him. He'll never know it's Jake's only we know that"

"What if the baby grows up and it doesn't look like him?" I asked mortified.

"Would you calm down? It's a baby, it's too early to tell who looks like who unless the baby would have the father's hair which is blond. You and Will aren't"

"I don't know if you're making me nervous or reassured but as for now, that's the best we got" I bit my thumb nervously, a habit I developed recently.

"Yes, and it will only be a matter of time before Will knows and besides if you never told anyone then Jake has no way of knowing"

Should I relax now that we have a plan? Or should I feel anxious and think on what to do next?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo