The Mistake

Chapter VII -New Friend-

As I got home , Will greeted me with a tight hug. Someone misses me that much.

"Hey sweetie, I was only gone for like three days. What's up with you?" I placed my bags down and pushed Will on the sofa sitting on his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck kissing softly.

He kissed me back and hugged me tighter "I just miss you that's all. First and foremost, I have some invitation. It's okay if you don't want to come but my boss invited me for dinner with her wife at their place tomorrow night. He said something about work and get to know a bit more about me"

"That's wonderful Will! Of course I'll go with you, anything to support you and you're career" I smiled genuinely to him

Will hugged me tighter not saying anything. I guess guys do have feelings deep in their bellies but always, they mask it with that alpha male persona. Nothing can make me cry nonsense but in reality when something means so much to them and the person they share it with cherishes it like they do brings out the weakness in them.

"Aww.. you look so innocent when you're vulnerable. This side of you rarely comes out"

"I think I might get a promotion but who knows. I've been working hard in his company and had been his right hand most of the time. Anyways enough about me, how was your mom?"

Speaking of my mother, I reached for the bag and handed him a container "It's a brand new recipe from her and thought you'd like it. It's beef tenderloin. Best eaten when hot, I could heat for you now if you'd like?"

"I'll do it myself, thank you" Will placed the container on the table and snuggled onto me. His left arm making it's way to my belly, oh no. As unnoticeable as I can, I inhaled a breath, trying to keep my belly a little smaller. I bit my lip nervously, snuggling onto his neck.

"You seem tense love, are you okay?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" Oh I know all too well what you mean.

"Your hands are forming into fists"

Shoot! Calmly, I unclenched them and caressed his jaw. Seeing that, Will was convinced. Wow I'm not saying anything out of stupidity but I think I can manage until the belly swells.

***

Tasha was clicking on the computer when I came in. Her brows were burrowed concentrating on the screen.

"Hey girl, you okay?"

Tasha was clicking rapidly "Hey, yeah, just a little mix up with the schedules and all. A call came earlier today from Ms. Jacx she said she wanted a groom again but at her house. Up for it?"

"Like home service? Sure, why not? What time is her schedule?"

Tasha took a moment to reply "1pm is her alloted schedule"

"Fine by me as long as I won't get into trouble"

"Hmm.." Tasha said distractedly. I left her alone with her work and readied my equipment. The shop was not quite busy today, I guess a lot of owners still have their pets cleaned by themselves. The bell of the door chimed indicating that someone was in. I peeked by the door and to my horror Dr. Eleanor's face came to view.

"Yes Ms. Eleanor, right this way, please" Tasha moved out of the reception and headed towards my direction. Deep breaths Korra deep breaths. Just give her a look and she'll understand. The door swung open, Tasha followed by a retriever and Dr. Eleanor.

"Kor, this is Ms. Eleanor and Sunshine" pointing at the retriever "She wants a deep clean and complete grooming service, Ms. Eleanor this is Korra, your groomer for today"

We exchanged glances waiting for whoever speaks first but seeing that I'm the groomer and she the owner, it wouldn't be polite for me to stay still. "Ms. Eleanor, delighted to meet you"

Tasha gave me and Eleanor a nod and went back to reception. "So, this is where you work. Very casual like and interesting" Dr. Eleanor commented.

"Yep. To be honest when I saw you at the door I was surprised"

"Surprised how? Do I scare you?"

I shook my head "No, you just remind me of something that I'm scared of"

Understanding etched her face "Do they know?" indicating to Tasha.

"Soon. I'm still having trouble deciding whether to keep it or not. I visited my mom last couple of days and told her the news and with my situation. She seems to understand and offered guidance. You were right, telling someone about it made a difference" I smiled at her gratefully "Thank you"

"Don't mention it, it's my job as a doctor to tell you everything you need to know. Have you told your partner?"

I shook my head in response, she sighed. "Don't wait too long Korra"

A thought ticked my head "Do you have time to talk to patients outside of work?"

"Like a counseling session?"

"More likely than that. A friendly chat, but if you have your schedule fixed I won't mind"

Dr. Eleanor smiled "I can make time, how bout lunch this weekend?"

"Sure that would be lovely"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo