The Mistake

Chapter IX -Girl Time-

"Thank you for accepting my invitation for us to have lunch. I know it's a little weird for a patient to invite their doctor and if you're thinking that I might sell or bargain something, I am not." I babbled on as Dr. Eleanor took her seat.

"Call me Elean for more of a casual vibe" she smiled.

"All right then, Elean. How's sunshine?"

"Her hair is growing back again slowly but other than that she's okay I guess" Elean shrugged.

The waiter arrived giving us the menus, I scanned a little eying the Caesar salad and some mashed potatoes. Woah, that might get me too stuffed, maybe it's my baby that's hungry. We gave our orders and the waiter walked away. Elean looked around the restaurant scanning the people eating. How should I start this? She's a doctor right? I should had an appointment with a psychiatrist but Elean made me feel she could be trusted with anything. I don't even know her then why am I gonna bother her with my problems?

"Did you have something in particular you want to discuss?" Eleane queried.

"Can I trust you with something?" I looked straight into her eyes.

Elean was surprised but nodded "Anything we discuss today remains here and this lunch never happened, if that helps"

Well, here goes nothing. "As far as you know, I haven't mentioned my pregnancy to my partner because of some personal reason. Well the truth is, this baby is not his" I waited for her reaction but nothing came out. Her face was blank as a paper not showing any emotion. "I wanted your advice not only as my doctor but also my friend. Is there a possibility that he might know that this child is not his?"

Elean inhaled and gave me a reassuring smile "That is something personal and I respect your decisions without knowing why you chose them. But, to answer your question, yes. To prove that the baby is really his, he would have to undergo a DNA test. That procedure sees if the DNA of the baby and his, match, and if they do not, well you know the rest"

I leaned back on my seat heavily closing my eyes. The food arrived minutes ago but my appetite was gone. "How long before he knows the result?"

"Depends but mostly around 2-3 weeks. Eat your lunch Korra, it's not only you who's eating" she commanded softly.

I took a small portion of my food munching bit by bit. It tasted bland or was it just my hormones acting up again. After three small bites of the salad, I tried the potatoes they were okay but not enough to cheer me up. "Have you had stalkers before Elean?"

"That's a bit random but no I hadn't" Elean frowned "Do you?"

"Something like that. I don't want to go to the police because it might just be a hallucination or my imagination"

"Did you receive any sort of threats?"

"Not specifically, just a photograph of me and my partner"

Elean swallowed "If anything serious occurs, then that's the time you involve the police. It could be a prank of a kid or something"

"Yeah, could be" but deep down I knew Jake was not joking. The photograph was proof enough to know that he was around the area, monitoring my actions.

"Communication is key to a growing relationship Korra. If you and your partner plan to raise this child, then you need to be honest with each other. Tell one another how you feel and for your part, tell him the truth. It'll only get worse the longer you wait"

I played with my fork and thought of Will. My sweet Will who struggles everyday just to make me happy and gives me everything I ask for. Who makes my darkest days brighter. My very own Will. "Thank you for your insights and advices Elean, I just needed someone to talk with who has a different perspective and some girl time"

"Pleasure's all mine and don't worry about it. I'm sure once your partner knows he'll be ecstatic" she encouraged.

Maybe he will, or maybe he won't I commented inwardly.

***

Cycling home, my thoughts were scrambled with my mom's advice, anxiety on Jake being around the area, Elean's advices and Will's willingness to listen. What if I just told him the truth? That would be the right thing to do but it won't be easy and seeing that he's pressured enough at work makes me worry that he'll take it a little roughly. I stopped by the side panting, whew, this is something new, I never stopped for a breath before. Next time I'll take the bus, this baby is making me change my ways. As I neared our house, Will's car was not yet there. As I reached the door there was another enveloped peeking at the bottom. I reached and opened it, a picture of me looking at my belly and holding it by the shop. Where did he get this? I turned the envelope upside down and a little piece of paper slipped out.

"Will's baby will never see light"

I reread the note over and over again. I was just holding my belly, how sure is he that I'm pregnant? The good thing is this is what he thinks and as long as I don't make any speculative moves, I should be fine. My phone rang, it was Sofia.

"Hey bitch" I queried. I walked inside the house placing my things and laid lazily in the couch.

"Yo girl! Listen, call this weird but I received a voice mail from Jake and he said that you're hiding something from me"

My eyes widened "Are you sure it's him? How can you tell?

"I know his voice all too well, don't need someone to point it out to me" she scoffed

"What could I hide from you? You know everything" I rolled my eyes. "When are you coming?"

"Ew, girl no. You don't make me come"

"What the fuck. Come as in come here, when?" I gagged, Sofia can be a pain sometimes.

She laughed heartily her voice echoing in the speakers "Calm yo tits bitch. I'll be there. And tell Jake to stop sending creepy messages. The mere thought of him gives me the creeps"

You have no idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo