Afterlife Adventures

Prologue

I ran. . . and ran. . until everything around me turned into a blur. I looked straight ahead not caring whether I trip or step on something that would hurt my feet. Adrenaline rushed inside of me I couldn't stop running, the energy pumping in my veins. I felt alive and powerful. How long have I been running? Three minuets? Five? Ten? I had no idea, all I knew I was running, running from someone? Running to somewhere? Running from my demons and fears? Or running away from my responsibilities?

Out of nowhere a hand shot out meters away from me. I couldn't see who it was. His/her body was all black and is wearing a hoodie to cover most of the face. I tried to halt but my feet wouldn't budge. The hand stood still and it got closer and closer to me. Afraid that I might bump into someone hardly I jumped up and landed on my feet kneeling position. The hand was just right in front of my face, the figure still unrecognizable.

"Who are you?" I asked,

my voice echoing the surroundings or maybe in the room. I don't even know where I am, everything around me was black. No cars, houses, trees, street lights nothing. I squinted my gaze to see the figure clearly but it gave nothing away. I stood up and the hand followed the direction of my face. Instantly, I tried to grab it but to my surprise my hand just went through. The hand was still there but I couldn't hold nor touch it. It was like thin air. I looked again in the hoodie trying to find some sort of facial features eyes, lips, nose, something.

The figure moved aside letting me see a giant mirror. My reflection staring back at me. I looked tired and lost, sweat on my forehead and my chest rising up and down trying to catch my breath. Then my reflection changed into something, it faded and the scenery became a parking lot. A very familiar one. I looked at my side but the figure was gone leaving me and the mirror all on our own. I continued to look in the mirror, the scenery became clear and there was a man walking to a car, his car maybe. When he was about to put his keys into the lock another masked man stepped out of the dark and pointed a knife to the side of his neck. He was whispering something but I couldn't quite hear it. I inched closer to the mirror placing my ear next to it. A strong force from my back pushed me and I closed my eyes readying myself for the impact that I would collide with the glass.

When I opened my eyes, I was on the ground face down. I looked around, I was behind a wheel and the air was cool. Grateful that I could see normal things again I stood up. I looked at the direction I was looking earlier and there it was! I ducked behind the glass door, slowly rising to see the situation.

I could hear the man's heavy breathing, chains from the side of his pants echoed in the night. I tried to find some sort weapon to help the guy and all I found was a rock. Praying that the noise it would make would distract the robber I threw it in his direction hitting the side of the car making them jump. I quickly ducked and watched their feet, the guy on the car stood still and the other one looked around stepping away from him. The guy swung his feet and kicked the middle of his legs making the masked guy groan and fall on the ground. He kicked the knife away near my direction, then ran to his car and drove away. I grabbed the knife and walked out of my hiding spot looking at him. He was clutching his private part curled up on the pavement.

I waved his knife on his face taunting him. His eyes widened and quickly scrambled to his feet.

"That's what you get for trying to rob someone you moron" I spoke, it seemed he wasn't listening because he just kept looking at the knife.

"Get the heck away from me! He slapped his palm on the knife making it fly away to the side and ran away"

I looked at him questioningly, why didn't he look at me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo