Afterlife Adventures

Chapter XXVII -Hidden Pain- (D9)

When Romeo arrived home, his eyes caught the attention of his guitar which I had positioned the other night while I was scouting in his attic. His eyes narrowed and mumbled to himself, where the hell did you come from? I hid you ages ago. He dropped his bag and jacket, and dusted off the guitar in his lap. Needs a bit of cleaning, I'll be back Juliet.

To say that I was a bit blown by the name of his guitar, I might be exaggerating. Oh my god. I laughed at myself. Could that be the girl who he was with before?

Romeo came back with a damp cloth and a dry one. Carefully wiping the surface and the sides of the instrument, his eyes looked lost and dark. Strumming, he adjusted the strings to their right tones.

I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house

That don't bother me

I can take a few tears now and then and just let them out

I'm not afraid to cry every once in a while

Even though going on with you gone still upsets me

There are days every now and again I pretend I'm OK

But that's not what gets me

In every strum I could hear Romeo's pain, longing, and agony. As he sang I closed my eyes letting the lyrics seep through my head. When I opened them, he also had his eyes closed but tears were falling out on the sides of his face. As he finished the last line, he strummed once more letting the moment have it's drama.

Knock, knock

Romeo's head perked up at the sound of his door. If it's Stuart, how coincidental could his timing be. He wiped the sides of his face and opened the door.

There stood Paris. She looked up, concern visible on her face.

"I'm sorry were you--"

"Paris! I uh. . . didn't expect to see you here. . . How did you know where I lived?"

She scratched her head "We have all the files of our employees, and it wasn't that hard so. . ."

"Forgive my manners, please come in" he stepped aside letting Paris in. She sat on the couch eyeing the instrument.

"Did you just play?" she smiled.

"Sort of, I was wondering where that came from. Haven't played it because of personal reasons"

I crossed my arms as if I had any, there's more to that you moron, why not share your pain with this beautiful lady.

"So, what brings you here? I mean it's my day off, are we allowed to do this? You're dad might pick up a different idea and it could affect my work status"

Paris waved him off "It's fine, he's out of town anyway and I got bored in the house. What do you do for fun?"

Panic painted his face, it's either he's smoking weed or out pick pocketing each chance he gets.

"Not much, doing workouts I guess? Sorry but I'm boring like that and I don't have a lot of friends who I hang out with. If you don't mind, I still have stuff to do afterwards"

No, no! that's just an excuse! Paris use your powers! Oh god! I'm literally pacing in front of them.

"Oh, no worries, it's was my fault anyways I didn't inform you ahead. Can you play me a song before I leave?"

Romeo's hand was forming a fist "Maybe another time Paris" he smiled but his face was not what you call genuine.

As she was at the door, Romeo debated with himself. Deciding to do something, I scribbled a piece of note and thew it on the ground. His eyes caught the paper, looking in space he raised an eyebrow and shrugged his shoulders. Oh what the hell ."Paris wait"

She raised her eyebrows innocently, a teasing smile on her lips.

"How about we watch a movie? Does that sound fun?" Romeo scratched the back of his head.

"Hmmm. . . . any other ideas?

"I mean it's too early for a drink, how bout sitting in a parking lot, order takeout and make fun of people?"

"Hey that's mean!" Paris stared in space chuckling "But hey who knows what we'll see. Let's go!"

I chuckled at them, they are so cute! Oh Romeo, I really do hope you'll open up, those tears were meant for something.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties!

Song featured is "What hurts the most" by Rascal Flatts. What do you think?
Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo