Status: this is the first story ive ever wrote wants you read it tell me what you think honestly if its good or bad because "good writers are not made off of praise but truth"

the powerfuls

strange things

I sat in the fourth row of English trying not to let my powers get the best of me. I've been having this feeling of my powers getting stronger with my parents working and john at college it's hard to learn The bell rings school is finally over bring on summer. My best friend Dakota wells and I go downtown every summer and by new swimsuits like a tradition. Hope are you coming with me and Addy to Walmart today to get swimsuits” Dakota ask? “Can't today got a lot to do were going to are cousins house this week”. “Oh, what about when you get back’’ Dakota ask hopefully. “I should be able to unless something comes up” I say back.

. . .

At home I start packing for the week at my cousin mom and dad won't be home till five and john is meeting us there. I pack my clothes, toothbrush, extra socks and underwear, and the most important thing my firestone necklace these are what full our powers. Without them we would be just like the powerless no power nothing. When mom and dad get home, they start supper. . . .

When dinners done, we all sit down to eat. “So, hope how was the last day of school” my father asks? “It was okay” I say thinking back to the same feeling I've been having for weeks. “What do you me it was okay” my mom asks me. “well I've been having a weird feeling for a couple of weeks” I say nervous " “What do you mean feeling?” my dad asks concerned. “It's like I can't control my powers anymore” I say “That’s not possible your only sixteen your power is not even that strong yet” he says with doubt in his voice. “Are you sure you're not sick” my dad says. “you don’t believe me I knew it you never do, and you wonder why I never tell you stuff!” I yell standing up. “Hope whittle you do not talk to your father like that” my mom yells back.

. . .

I walk to my room my parents yelling behind me to “come back” to the table. I look around my room a mix of blues, purples, greens, and reds on the walls. We painted this when john was still home four years ago. When we were happy ever since john left things went downhill a little. Me and dad never had a good relationship, but it went downhill when john left. We fight a lot more than we did when he was here.

The next morning, we load up and head to my cousins' house. “Are we there yet” I ask about twelve a clock. “The next turn” my mom says to me from the front seat. “Were here and it looks like john beat us here” my dad says. My ears perk up at the mention of my brother. It's been three years since I've seen my brother. “He is here” I yell and jump out of the car. “Hope be careful” my dad says.” “I will” I yell back while entering my aunt Janes house. “They're here” I hear my aunt Jane say. “John” I say “Hope” john and I says at the same time.

We hug right as mom and dad come in “John” my mom cries when she sees him. “Mom how I've missed you” john says with a smile and then a hug. “Son my dad says “dad” john says and they shake hands. Later that night when it was time for bed and after everyone was asleep, I could not sleep so I go outside and turn down the hill to the long forest. my aunt and uncle own a lot of land as I start to walk up the hill then stop something is not right I cant put my finger on it but something is not right it like that feeling of some one watching you. Around six o'clock I head back to the house we leave for the fire fields today so we can get to the blazing a contest for people of age sixteen to show of their skill this year in the family its me and Taylor my cousin. Along with Daron the oldest then four year old Melisa then two year old Kate. Then on my dads side my uncle Brett there is phoenix and Nova five year old twins out of all of us in order by age it goes john and Daron both twenty two then me and Taylor both sixteen then phoenix and Nova and then Melissa and then Kate.
When I get to the house my dad is there I already know what's going to happen he is going to wake the whole house, before I even get to the door he says " Were have you been young lady " I say to him as I get to the steps " were does it look like I was outside any one can see that ". He yells back at me " don't you dare be sarcastic with me young lady" my mom hears and comes out to see what the fuss is "what's wrong Robert " "oh nothing Mary just your daughter stay out all night " my father says. "What" my mom says turning to me "is this true " she ask " yes it is" I say. " How did you even know " I said turning to my dad "because I herd you get out of bed at ten o'clock and saw you came outside sat here waiting for you to come back and here we are". " Don't have an attitude Robert" I yell at my dad. this makes my mom mad and she turns around to face me and yells "Hope Rose Whittle you do not speak to your father that way" my mom says "ooh my whole name I should run not that you believe any thing even if I told you things but hey we all have flaws and that's just dads" I say then rush inside.
Later we board the plane it will take three hours to get to phoenix the capital of fire fields somethings not right I have that feeling again like were beaning watched " Dad " I say " What " he says rudely probably still mad from the morning " I think were being followed I felt this way last night outside to " I say " Alright just stay close then" he says.

. . .

A couple days later its time for the contest we all go and sit on the benches till our names are called but first they tell the story of our ancestors then they bring out the fire stone. An that's when things change and were all surrounded by flames soakers people who control water are trying to put it out then my dad grabs my are and says run but its to late and suddenly I see Dakota and she has vines shooting out of her arms coming towards me I seer them with a fire ball but its not over next thing I know I'm on the ground my brother beside me brother is throwing water balls at me to stop all the blood then I pass out the last thing I here is my moms screaming Daron, John get the rest of the kids and get out of here then her scream quiets and I know she is gone