Chocolate Kisses

Chocolate Kisses

"Hello, darling." he drawled....

I smirked, mixing the chocolate cake batter. "Hi," I replied.

I heard his footsteps as he walked up behind me. He wrapped his strong, bold arms around my waist and my heart sounded. "How was your day?" he asked, placing kisses on my exposed collarbone and neck.

"Not bad," I said, nonchalant; I pretended that the kisses weren't bothering me, while in fact they were driving me crazy. "yours?" I asked, and stopped mixing.

"Pleasant." he answered, his voice steady. He took one of his hands off my waist, dipping his index finger in the bowl and brought it to my lips. "Taste." he demanded quietly.

I opened my mouth and put it around his finger, sucking the chocolate right off. I could feel his breath on my neck, it was warm.

"Finger-licking good." I commented, and he chuckled.

He spun me around so I could see his face, handsome and toned. His bright blue eyes held mine, darkening the longer he held my gaze. His lips parted slightly, his look intent. This man made my insides tremble with just that look alone.

"Ian," I whispered unevenly. And his pretty mouth collided with mine.

Our breaths became ragged and he leaned forward, pressing against me, pressing my back against the counter. Chocolate cake batter spilled everywhere. I just laughed, and we stopped kissing.

"Look at this mess." I said, and took my hand and ran it over the counter, making sure it was covered with the stuff. And I wiped his face with it. He was calm.

"Oh, you're in trouble now, Brittney." he mused with a smirk.

"Is that so?" I challenged. He gave a nod and I prepared myself for the payback. But I was not ready for him to rub his face on mine, smearing the batter everywhere.

"Funny," I said, licking my lips. He burst out a laugh. "I warned you." he reminded me.

He walked toward me and pressed his lips against mine again, the mess long forgotten.