My Midnight Love

Chapter 2: Devin's POV

Devon’s POV
“Dev, time to wake up for school!” I heard my mom call up the stairs. Groaning, I rolled out of bed and went into my bathroom. Turning on the shower, I let it steam up and went to get my clothes. I am a pretty laid-back guy so I grabbed a pair of black jeans, a Looney Toons long sleeve, and my boxers. Going back into the bathroom, I undressed and started to wash up.

After I showered, I got dressed and grabbed my converses from the floor, and headed downstairs. One of the omegas was cooking breakfast and heard me come down the stairs. “Good morning, Master Devon. I made you breakfast and orange juice.” She said while placing the food on the counter.

“Thanks, Lacy. Appreciate it.” I told her before digging in. My mom walks in and ruffles my hair before kissing my head and went to get a cup of coffee.

“Morning, Hunny. Slept okay?” She asked while pouring a cup.

“Yeah, kinda. I have a feeling something good is gonna happen. Don’t know when.” I said while eating my toast and eggs. “Like the Moon Goddess is gonna send someone my way.”

“She might be giving you a sign that your mate is near! Oh, this would be amazing! Once you get your mate, you can finally ascend to Alpha!” My mom said with glee. She started to clap and jump and down. Shaking my head, I finished my juice and went to put it in the sink but Lacy grabbed it instead.

“Hunny, why are you jumping up and down like you had too much coffee?” My dad, the alpha said. He was also grabbing a cup of coffee.

“Our son could find his mate today! He said he had a feeling that something might happen!” She said giddily.

“About time! Your mother and I would like to travel after you take up the mantle. So, hurry up get your stuff ready, and head to school. She might be at the school, hiding under your nose.” Dad said while sipping his coffee. Mom was doing a happy dance and was smiling at dad. They had the best relationship.

“Yeah, I know. I’m going. See ya later.” I said while grabbing my bag and heading to my car. I had a Skyline, like the one from Fast and the Furious- it was sky blue and I had it custom made. I was obsessed with the movies once they came out. So, I had to get the car. Heading to the school, I parked in my usual spot and went inside.

Jake, my future beta, was waiting by our lockers. “Hey, man. Finally, you showed up.” He said while slapping me up.

“Yeah, I know. I’m here. So what’s up?” I said while putting my stuff in the locker.

“Oh, nothing much. Besides a new girl telling Lillian to fuck-off.” He said while laughing.

“Really? Someone had the nerve to tell that skank off? Huh, good. Maybe she’ll leave us alone. Moon Goddess knows how many times she tried to fuck us. I’m just waiting for my mate and get the alpha position. I have a good feeling about today, man.” I said as we walk to our math class. As soon as I stepped in, I smelled the most amazing thing ever, like coconuts and vanilla.

I noticed this girl with the most amazing strawberry blond hair and green eyes that looked into my soul. Devil, my wolf, was jumping up and down. ‘Mate is here! Mate is here!!’

“WHO?! WHERE!” I yelled to him.

‘The blond-haired girl with the green eyes! In the back!’ I looked at her and she was staring at me.

“Mate,” I said aloud and the whole room went silent.

Deli’s POV
Everyone was looking at me and whispering. “How did she get him? She’s not even that pretty?” Some of the popular girls were saying. The alabaster twig was giving me the death look. What the hell is a ‘mate’ and why is the most handsome guy ever looking at me like I’m a piece of meat?
Finally hearing the bell, I grabbed my things and ran out of the room. I brushed past the guy and I felt tingles on my arm. He stared at me and just stood there.

“Sorry. I gotta get out of here.” I said while leaving. I ran out to the parking lot and I went into my car. Taking a deep breath in and out, I went to start my car when I heard a knock on the window. I looked over and I saw him. He was waiting for me to roll down the window, so I did.

“Can I help you?” I asked him.

“Yeah, we need to talk. Can you follow me to my house? I’m not weird or anything but I think it’ll be better there. My parents can help as well.” He said.

I don’t even know this guy and yet I'm about to meet his parents? What the hell. “Um, I don’t know. I don’t even know you. Plus, I have to work after school.”

“Where? Maybe we can meet up after your done?” He asked, hoping I say yes.

“At the local vet clinic. I work from 2:45 pm-8:30 pm. I close out everything and lock the clinic up. Are you okay with waiting till then?” I asked. Why I am agreeing to this is beyond me but every time
I talk to him, I feel at ease.

“Yeah, that’ll be perfect. Now, are you ready to come back in? School isn’t over yet. And I know that you’re new to the school so you can stick with me and Jack, my best friend. If that’s okay?” He asked.

“Um, sure. I guess. Beats having that twig coming after me.” I said while getting out of my car. I closed the door and I saw that he was huge, height-wise. And he had broad shoulders and sea blue eyes. He was handsome. Be still my kind heart.

“So, what classes do you have next?” He asked and I showed him my schedule. “Huh, so you have most of the AP classes and some normal ones. Me too. So, looks like we’re stuck with each other.” He smiled as we walked into the school. Everyone was looking at us, but he didn’t seem to care. He
was too busy looking at me.

“Um, yeah I guess so. What class is next?” I asked. We had to walk to my locker so I can change out my books.

“History. My favorite subject.” He smiled at me and showed me where to go.

“So, tell me about yourself. Why are you starting your senior year now? Why this school?”

“Well, long story short. My mom. We used to move around a lot and I never stayed in one place for long. It was for her job and she used to help clinics. She’s a doctor. I want to be a veterinarian so I would help the vet places. But she started to feel bad, so she wanted to come back to her hometown and have me graduate here. She used to live here. I think the principal was a classmate of hers.” I said while we walked into the history classroom.

We sat next to each other in the middle part of the room, and I started to get my things ready. “So now you’re here to do your senior year and graduate? We do have a local vet college and some of the vet places are keen on volunteer work before applying.” He said while getting out his things.

“I know. That’s why I’m working there now and building up the credits, so I don’t have to do it later. We can talk about this after class.” Then the teacher walked in and started to teach. It was the basic common knowledge that most seniors needed to know, and it was easy. An hour and a half later, we walk out of class and headed to the next one, music and theory. It was an elective, so I chose that. Devon did not have it but said he would meet here and walk me to lunch, which I appreciated.

“Okay, see you later then. We meet here.” He said before walking away. I was smiling to myself and went inside the class. This day went better than I expected.