Out Of This World

Fire and Ice

The stagnant smell of sweat stirred into the rich pong of alcoholic beverages snuck in with my breath and carried the intoxicatingly deep feeling of disobedient indecence all throughout my body. Swivelling the drink in my hand, I aimed an attentive-looking nod of false interest at the boy in front of me and took a hefty swallow; basking in the delightful warmth the alcohol gave me. Ah, the pleasure of feeling warm.

“He wants in your pants…” the hot condensation of a whisper lingered at my ear as my entertainer’s eyes wavered from my chest to the boy standing behind me. Gritting my teeth and hastily placing a chocolate lock behind my hear, I turned around; my smile turned into an icy glare.

“What if I want him there?” I hissed back, placing a hand on the boy’s chest and pushing him backwards a fraction. Much too close for comfort. The boy smirked,

“We both know you don’t, Kimmy,”

“Get out of my mind, Benny,” I spat, struggling to smother the aggitation in my thoughts. Don’t let him get to you…

“Don’t let me get to you Kimberley,” he grinned. Frustrated beyond measurement, I ran an icy hand through my static hair. Frost creeped up the sides of my glass as it’s contents turned to ice. Ben sniggered, “Need me to warm that up for you?” he held out a hand to take the drink. A growl emanated from my throat as I found the glass stuck to my skin. A hand settled on my shoulder, then, surprised at it’s temperature was quickly snatched away,

“Is everything alright Kim?” I turned around to face Jack, lips tight in a straight line as he stared stonily at Ben, “Do you want my jacket? You’re really cold.” I groaned inwardly, only to have my thoughts invaded by Ben who covered his mouth to hide a forming fit of laughter.

“Oh, no I’m alright, I just take some time to warm up- its freezing out there!” I replied, gesturing out the window at the sinister winter’s night, “It’d be great if you could get me another drink though.” Jack skepitically eyed the full cup in my hand before nodding and heading for the stairs. As soon as he was out of ear shot -which over the noise of the party wasn’t so far away- I turned back to Ben, ready as ever to slap him one hard across the face.

“What do you want Ben?!” I growled. Ben took a step closer, weaving his hands around my waiste in a lower-than-i-appreciated hug.

“It’s baking in here, and I’m really, really, really, super-duper hot,” I knew what he was getting at as soon as the second word left his lips.

“Good.” I smiled, stepping out of his arms. Ben grabbed me as a turned around, pulling me back towards him.

“Please Kim?” he begged, pouting like a deranged baby.

“No.”

“Kimmy…” I made to get out of his hold again but he accordingly strengthened his grip.

“Give me one good reason why I should and I’m all yours,” I said dully. Ben tilted his head and looked up at the ceiling,

“Because you love me?”

“Nah, I don’t think I do Benster,” I shook my head and flicked a piece of mousy brown hair from his eyes.

“I know you do, I know better than you do that you do.”

“You read minds, not feelings mate,” Ben sighed, thinking of some other way to win me over. “Well, I admit, that I did have some sort of sisterly affection for you, when I was young and naiive,” I said, singing the last few words, “but ever since you grew a dick on your face, that love often turns to loathing.”

“Please Kim, I’m so hot in here, with all the people and the sweat and the thoughts…”

“Nobody’s asking you to read them Ben,”

“But there’s so many chicks in here!” he exclaimed, “How can I not listen in?”

“Just close your mind, you do it really well with everything else.” I laughed as he got the joke and his lips moved into a sulky frown,

“Apparently, I’m sexy,” he jeered. I cocked a brow,

“According to who?” Ben leaned in, a narcissistic smirk playing his lips,

“Isabelle Gibson.” I stared at him doubtedly,

“She’s way too hot for you Ben, you’ll combust on the spot!” I laughed, “You’ll die of hyperthermia!”

“I heard what I heard, and I never hear wrong woman.” Ben glared.

“So go talk to her,”

“I can’t! I’ll burn her lips!”

“Oh! And the truth comes out!” I exclaimed. The overcrowding of a hundred and forty teenagers wasn’t heating him up at all, he just wanted to get with Isabelle! “Ben, we’re talking now right?”Ben furrowed his brow,

“Um, yeah?”

“My lips aren’t burning.” Ben scowled and for a minute, I thought he would walk away. Then he remembered what he needed me for and tried the puppy eyes on me.

“Please…Kimberley…I love you,”

“You don’t,”

“I do! You’re my best friend in the whole world. Why else would I come to you for this?”

“Erm, coz I’m the Ice Queen, hence being the only one who can successfully cool you down,”

“Ah, but you’re my Ice Queen.” I stared at him. Sometimes his conversational skills really worried me. “Please Kim!”

“I get nothing out of this,”

“You’ll be nice and warm for horny Jack over there,” he winked suggestively. I thought about it. It would be nice to be warm for a while without being completely off my face; even if it was only for the remainder of the party, atleast I’d be able to enjoy it to the fullest (no sexual innuendo intended).

“Fine. But not because of Jack,” Ben smirked,

“Yeah. Right. Whateva Treva.”

“Don’t push it.”

Slowly, Ben leaned forward. It wasn’t until he was much too close that I figured out what he was trying to do.

“Not here dipshit!” I spat, pushing him away. A few bystanders laughed before pointing it out to their friends. I closed my eyes in annoyance, “If Isabelle saw you…”

“Oh, yeah good point,” Ben hastily grabbed hold of my hand and weaved through the crowd, pulling me with him. He opened a random door, peeked in, yelled an apology and slammed it shut again. “Oops. Taken.” I laughed as he moved on to the next door on the opposite side of the hall. After a cautious check he slipped in and beckoned me in after him. He let go of my hand and my nerves screamed in protest as they went back to being cold.

“Ok we gotta be quick, Isabelle could be hooking up with some other douchebag right now,” Ben whispered, locking the door and grabbing hold of my hands. For some reason his comment had a strange effect on me. My hands turned to ice as I realised I was really, really pissed off. Ben took the wintry feel of my fingers as encouragement and leaned in, pressing his hot lips to mine. A violent shiver ran through me and Ben pulled away so quickly I thought I’d accidently bitten him.

“Argh! Ny Thung!” he hissed, shoving his right hand into his mouth.

“W-what happened?” I whispered apprehensively. Ben opened his eyes and removed his hand from his mouth, whiping it on his pants.

“You froze my tongue solid!” he said, a little annoyed. I didn’t like the look he was giving me, as if I’d done it to spite him.

“Its not as if I did it on purpose!” I yelled, “You know what happens when you piss me off.” I turned back to the door only to be pulled back by his hands on my waist.

“I’m sorry,” he said, somewhat ironically. I’m not sure what made his expression change so swiftly, but I’m pretty sure it had something to do with the uncontrolable feeling of hurt that briefly washed over my face without warning.

“Kim? What did I say?” I stared into his eyes -sincere and pleading- before shaking my head and telling him to forget it. He gave me another worried look before obliging (he probably remembered Isabelle) and taking hold of my hands.

“No rush, lets do this slowly, ok?” I nodded before bringing my lips to his and letting his warmth fill my mouth; entering my blood stream and enveloping me in a 37 degree celcius blanket of ecstacy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys liked it, I really enjoyed writing this chapter.
Tell me how you like it, or else I won't continue.
That's not a threat, I've just decided that if i don't get feed back then this story can wait til later and I can focus more on my other two.
Its no biggie, the comment can be as simple as
tis good or tis bad.
just something!
I love to hear from you!
<3 Aidyn