Status: It's been a while, please bare with me.

Remember Me

"And ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation"

My right hand fingertips tapped ever so lightly against the bar counter, my left hand had my chin resting against it in frustration as I sat there once again waiting for a date that wasn't going to show. A sigh escaped my lips as my eyes darted to the small martini in front of me, I couldn't find love even if it was staring me right in the damn face.

"Is that drink mine or his?" The soft sound of Steve's voice came from my left side allowing my head to tilt in his direction a bit, narrowing my eyes and getting ready to retort with a smart remark.

"We both know this drink is mine Steve." My eyes darted to the smooth voice of ever so handsome Bucky Barnes, Steve's best friend and my childhood crush.

Sitting up straight on the bar stool, I stretched my arms and slouched forward resting my elbows on the bar. If it wasn't for these two men on either side of me, I would have lost my mind a long time ago.

If it wasn't for Bucky and the connection we had, I wouldn't have made it to where I am today.

"Bucky, it's yours if you promise to walk me home tonight." I responded effortlessly with a small flirtatious hint within the words, only something Bucky would pick up.

"You my lady, have a deal."
  1. One