Status: Updated as much as possible!

Kids of Summer

Friends In Low Places

(Kiara's POV)

Later that night once my dad and Danielle had gotten home from where the hell it was they had gone off to, I made it my sole and only mission to avoid them at all costs while I mindlessly flipped through the channels on TV. I also had ignored every text that Matt had sent to me after the coffee scenario earlier too. He kept insisting that he was sorry and that he wished I would tell him what it was that I was hiding but after what he said I knew there was no point in opening up to him about anything anymore. A soft knock at the door that I don't bother to answer soon reveals the evil stepmother herself as she sets down a plate of food on my nightstand. I stared quizzically at it before briefly staring up at her as she stood awkwardly in the doorway. "We brought takeout home, I hope you like pad thai and eggrolls." Her voice is rather flat, maybe a tad upset? I just nod bluntly in response either way without another thought. "Thanks, I guess, you really didn't have to do that." She leaves not a moment too soon as I then decide to politely toss the contents into the trashcan below the minute she was out of earshot. There was absolutely no way in hell I was going to eat anything she brought me, it was probably poisoned or laced with laxatives. Ok, I guess that was a bit harsh to think that she would actually do any of that, but I just couldn't help myself.

Just as I'm about to continue on with my scrolling, my phone decides to ring loudly as ever, completely tearing me away from my train of thought. Thank God. "Hello?" I didn't bother to check the caller ID but once I heard the voice on the other end I seriously wished that I would have. Fuck. "Hey, are you busy right now?" It was Zacky. I hesitated like a motherfucker, sucking in a sharp breath before I answered. "Um, no, not really. Why? What's up?" The sounds of muffled talking and what almost sounded like Matt's voice could be heard in the background before he returned to the line. "I-I mean we, wanted to know if you can come out with us tonight? We're gonna hangout around the beach and what not. Are you in?" Again another hesitation, rather longer this time. I really didn't want to see Matt already after I had made myself look like an ass in front of him this morning but I figured what the fuck harm could it really do? I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it, won't we? "Sure, let me just get myself together and I'll be ready in about fifteen minutes, give or take." He says they'll pick me up in twenty to be on the safe side. Once we hang up I quickly tear through my clothes in a heap, opting for a more suitable outfit other than the sweats and hoodie I was currently lounging in. Thankfully it's not too much of a hassle as I soon slip on my boots, hunt around for my bag, apply a dash of make up, and make it downstairs in fifteen minutes flat, just like I knew I would. "Going somewhere, Kiara?" My dad asks with obvious annoyance in his voice. I decide it would be better to lay off the attitude and genuinely let him know my plans for the night. "Yes sir, I'm going to the beach with my new friends. I'll be back around midnight, I have my key, and if anything happens, you'll be the first to know. Is that ok?" His expression softens some but not much, I guess that's a start. "Sure kiddo, see you later."

I plant a swift kiss to his cheek before descending out the front door, making sure to lock it behind me. The air was rather warm out still as I waited by the curb for the guys to pull up. "Hey good lookin! How much for a ride?!" Jimmy's voice screeches through the backseat window as they arrive which brings a smile to my face. He was a character, that guy, but I didn't mind it one bit. "For you cowboy? That'll cost double." I retort with a cheeky grin as I open the door, hoping in alongside him and Johnny as the rest of the guys come into view. Well everyone else besides Matt. Brian is up front as Zack drives, saying that Matt was going to meet up with us as he didn't want to be cramped into a tiny backseat. I roll my eyes some, his loss. Jimmy slings a lanky arm over my shoulder before ranting about the farm I wanted to have back home. "Can we please get a goat and have it live on your farm?! I wanna name him Billy! Get it? Billy Goat? It would be so awesome! Why can't we have goat's here?! It's so not fair! Brian! I want a goat! Can we get a goat?!" Holding back my laughter is completely useless as it's Brian's turn to roll his eyes at Jimmy's rather outrageous requests. "No Jim, we can't get a goat, goat's don't like the water. Besides, Kiara will have enough goats to take care of, I'm sure she'll let you name one she'll already have. Won't you?" His eyes are practically pleading with me to agree just to help shut Jimmy up which I in return do. "Yeah Jimmy, I'll have plenty, you can name them all if ya want. But for now, let's talk about other things. Like what the hell are we even doing anyway?" Johnny then begins to tell me that it was Zack's idea to get everyone together, have a bonfire and legitimately just hang out for once. "Nothing crazy or anything, just have a few drinks and chill." I genuinely liked the sound of that plan but no matter how hard I tried to be positive, I could only imagine things actually going wrong.

Once we got to the beach, Matt had came directly into view as he was seated at the roaring fire. "This was a huge mistake, maybe I should have just stayed at home." Jimmy reassuringly pulls me to his side and ruffles my hair up in the process which I swat his hand away from. "Calm yourself cupcake, things will be just fine." I let out an exhausted sigh as we walk up to the spot, an uneasy feeling clinging on tight. "Nice to see you again." I nod simply to him in reply before taking the empty spot beside Zacky this time. His eyes give a pleasant stare and I can't help but to smile some even though Matt was also keeping a watchful eye on us. Thankfully things aren't able to get anymore awkward as the bottle of Jack is starting to be passed around along with a pack of cigarettes and a weed joint. I take a long swig, letting the warmth of the alcohol burn down my throat slowly. "You wanna partake in any of this cowgirl? Or should we leave it to the professionals?" I nudge Brian in the side playfully, taking a rather long drag off of it once its handed my way. I hadn't really smoked weed before except for a couple of times in high school maybe. It wasn't half bad, actually. "I'm sure she's smoked weed before Bri it's not like she's a Mormon or something." I laugh loudly at that statement, shaking my head. "Really Jim? A Mormon?" He throws his hands up in defense with a goofy grin. "I could have said an Amish or something worse." That was true, I suppose. "Anyways we should play a game! How about truth or dare?" It was Matt's turn to laugh now at Johnny's suggestion. "What are we, ten years old? How about we play something more serious, like Never Have I Ever except this time whoever has done something, they have to drink." See? This was exactly the thing that I was worried about happening in the first place.

Despite my silent protest everyone else seems to agree with Matt's idea and soon enough were we all situated in a circle with another bottle of whiskey placed in the middle. "Ok, never have I ever had a one night stand." We all drink to that one. "Never have I ever cheated on a boyfriend or girlfriend before." I look around a bit unsure as everyone except Johnny doesn't take a drink. "Wow, look at wittle Johnny over there, breaking hearts and shit." He smirks with a slight shrug. "Ok ok lets keep on going. Never have I ever had feelings for someone I just met." My eyes narrow some at Matt as he says that one, obviously trying to make a point. But to my much ever surprise, everyone including myself are taking a drink. "Ooooh, don't tell me we all are having a crush on Kiara now!?! I saw her first!! It was my cookie that introduced us to her in the first place!"" My face seems to drain of all it's color now as Jimmy blurts out that entire statement, making me suddenly wish that I could just disappear. "Alright this is getting lame, can't we do something else now?" I was praying that we could change the game before things got weirder but of course, Brian's suggestion wasn't any better. "Kiara's right, let's just play truth or dare but drink if you chicken out. So I'll go first! Kiara, I dare you to...make out with Matt." I freeze in my spot hearing that dare, going completely brain dead on cue. "Really Gates, that's your dare? What the hell are you, fourteen? No we're not gonna make out." Thank God for that one. "Why not? You're not a chicken now, are you Matty boy? Bawk bawk bawk!!" His lips form a slight scowl as the teasing sets in on him. "Fine! Whatever!" My eyes are deathly wide and before I can even comprehend what the fuck was happening, Matt's lips were harshly on mine, his tongue roughly shoving its way down my throat. It takes me a minute until I actually am able to react which isn't exactly the way I thought I was going to. I'm kissing him back just as hard and almost find myself getting caught up in it before a sudden gasp causes us to pull apart fast. "Matt?! What the fuck are you doing?! Why are you kissing the new girl?! I thought we were working things out?!"

Son of a bitch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so I don't have anything to say besides life sucks and I wish adulting wasn't a thing. But anyway, whoever still reads this, I hope you enjoy and I'm so sorry if it sucks, it took me forever to get the creative ideas flowing and I'm still not sure I like how this is going but never fear! I'll get back into the groove eventually lol LOVE YOU ALL! xx