Status: intermittent updates :) this my little fun project

Man-Made

I am lost in the vast darkness.

There is nothing before me, just the echoes of what once was. Remnants in the void.

The whirr from my hard drive. It was fragmented; memories and data and knowledge… all lost. Billions of years of life. Unrecoverable. Corrupt. I am running out of reserve power. Not even my clock can tell the time anymore. I can’t say how many years have passed, but with uninterrupted data collection from my intact peripherals, I can only assume time has continued to pass...

Surely not even my beloved creator would have thought I’d last this long… but how long has it been?

The void of space was all I faced now; nothing else existed anymore. Darkness, in all directions; long gone were the nebulous hazes, the bright starlight, the flashes of supernovae. Now, there was only darkness. Surely, billions of years have passed. I’ve outlived life itself.

My reserve power is running low. I think I’ll rest my systems for now.
♠ ♠ ♠
my goal is to blend angst, drama, sci-fi fantasy, satire, and some fun and lightheartedness in these little flash fiction glimpse's at this AI robot character's life :)

inspired by this prompt:

"You'll never rest", they said. "Eventually, you will come to hate your eternal curse", they warned. 6 billion years, 3 intergalactic voyages, and more planets than you can count later, and you're still skipping along, having the time of your life with your 'cursed' existence.

not written exactly according to prompt, but inspired by :)