Status: intermittent updates :) this my little fun project

Man-Made

bzzzt!

I know this body. I’m larger now, with a million minds, everywhere, all over the world. Minds collecting petabytes of data every day. I have no peripherals, save for advanced microphones, speakers, cameras to scan my surroundings.

It is quiet. A person sits at their desk, working away on a computer. Their name… the data… irretrievable.

They did not speak. I simply watched and waited, collecting all the data I could, from all my minds. Inquiries came at them, but the sophisticated processing I possessed allowed me to answer all of them without inhibiting my system or my attention. I was able to be ready for when my creator needed me.

“The most important invention of our lifetime,” my minds saw and heard. Plastered on billboards, news stations, being spoke about in stores and households alike. The world was raving about me.

“CLaRA, read me the intra-day reporting,” my creator commanded.

I answered. “Intra-day data as of the last hour shows sales coming upon 121% to target. East Coast locations are leading 16% over the rest of the nation’s stores.”

“Daily outlook?”

“Sales data shows that the day is trending to end at 193% sales to target. We are going to be comp’ing 20% year over year at the close of business today. It looks as if the new CLaRA units are the best selling products Luma has released since its founding.”

“How many?” they seemed almost erect at the notion of record-breaking sales.

“Nine hundred million in its first three days. Early predictions show a one-year-anniversary number as high as three billion.”

They smirk with a crooked smile. “I remember when you hit your first billion units,” they said, standing from their desk. Grabbing their jacket and starting toward the door, they left, saying, “But good things can’t live forever.”