Chocolate Fudge Brownie Love

One

I have always enjoyed being alone, single. Many people feel like being alone means that you are a failure and that nobody wants you. I feel the opposite! Being with someone for me feels like having someone holding you back all the time that you are never alone. Always there is someone breathing down your neck and you have to make decisions which will fit you both. I was never good at making them for myself and the thought of having to make them for two freaks me out.

Don’t look away! Don’t lose your faith! Don’t run away!

“Everywhere you look you can find something new and undiscovered. Take a look at the entire picture and tell me what do you see? It’s my life and I hope that there is a great story about it somewhere. Sometimes to find it you have to be willing to let the familiar go and look away. Into the shadows and away from the obvious. If you look closer maybe you’d find me there. “ I read out loud for myself from my screen of the computer. Fingering at the dreaded delete button and pressing it down. Maybe I’d try writing later.

“Why did you delete that?” The man sitting next to me said and I looked up. I was in an airplane travelling home from a book signing in Los Angeles, flying to JFK and my favourite town New York. The man next to me was tall and dressed in a purple hood. His hair was think, curly and everything about him from his eyes to his body langue screamed I’m alive. There was something about him that spoke to me.

“Because it was no good,” I responded and looked down at my broken nails from biting them. The stress of trying to write my second novel was really getting to me and I was all dried up. When I wrote my first novel everything had been so easy and the word had seemed to fly from everywhere but now that was sadly not the case.

“I don’t agree with you at all,” he said and stretched his arm out for me to grab. “I’m Gabriel, known as Gabe!”

“Vera, known as Vera,” my hand touched his and I smiled wide as the airplane made a slight air jump which made me fall into his arms. “I’m sorry!”

“No problem, nice name. I love when they are unusual,” he smiled as I sat up again. There was an awkward silence between us until we both spoke at once. “So!?”

“You start!” I said and laughed slightly.

“No you!” He laughed as well.

“Is it weird if I recognise you?!” I said and fixed my shirt which had become slightly misplaced and my bra was showing. I hate when that happens.

“Well I’m a rock star!” He said with a fake I-am-better-than-you kind of voice which to made me laugh.

“Really?” I said in a doubting way. “I’ve heard that one before.”

“We’ll I’m the singer of Cobra Starship, if that says something.”

“You are! I love your band then! I mean I always listen to you when I’m in a good mood.” I smiled at him. It must have been over a year since I first heard them. I fell in love with the way Gabe’s lyrics fitted with the happy electronic music. His lines was to die, I had many times whished to be the master mind be behind them. And that I told him.

“Oh, thank you! How about you? What do you do for a living?” Gabe replaced himself in his seat making sure he was comfortable.

“I’m a writer,” I smiled. “Or at least I hope I am since I have had really major problems in making me second novel.”

“So you are published writer?” He said interesting and we sat there speaking for the rest of the trip. He was fun to talk to and a great listener. It was almost like a perfect first date which really isn’t a first date and it’s not so uptight because you really don’t expect that much from the other. We shared a lot of laughs and a hate for the extremely awful airplane food.

“So I guess this is the end of the trip then?” Gabe said as we stood by the check out waiting for our bags.

“Who said this day have to end here?” I asked him not wanting to go home just yet. “I know this amazing ice-cream bar just like ten minuets away from here. They got killer chocolate fudge brownie ice-cream.”

“Oh, I’d love to go but I really have to get home to my girlfriend, promised I’d take her out on a late dinner!” There was like an explosion just went off. He had a girlfriend! This flirtation we had been havening for the hours had all been in my head. He probably thought of me as a crazy babbling moron who I don’t know can’t write.

“Oh, okay! Bye then!” I said and ran off as soon as I got my bag, heading for the nearest cab.

“It was nice to meet you!” He yelled as I disappeared slightly ashamed.
♠ ♠ ♠
My first Cobra Starship story and I'd really appreciate if you left a comment to prove to me that I’m making myself clear. Tell me what you think!