A past life and present reminder

Part One

It was an early Saturday morning, the sun was just coming up on the horizon as the birds and the other animals started to awaken from their slumber. The air had a cool crisp touch from the lack of the sun's kiss, so I had made sure to grab a small cardigan to keep me warm as I stood in front of the shrine, slowly sipping on my freshly brewed coffee.

'17 years...I can't believe that it's been that long.' my thoughts wondered to that day, the day that I was forced into this era. I was afraid, lonely, sad, I was flooded with more emotions than I had ever felt in my 800 years of living. If it wasn't for kagome, God knows what would have happened to me.

But even after being away for this long, I still felt the mild tugging of homesickness.

"Mom!"

"Aunt Anya!"

My bottom right eyelid twitched as I heard my son and Towa come running in my direction, making all types of ungodly and unnecessary types of noise.

'There goes my peaceful Saturday morning.' I thought as I slowly turned my back to the shrine, which gave the kids my full openly annoyed attention.

It was seven in the morning and I had two young demons running towards me with the full intent on landing a blow, a light sigh escaped my lips as I dodged Towa right hook.

"You're still to slow." I stated as I ducked low to avoid my son's side kick, my hand however landed on his ankle with a tight grip and with a slight twist of my wrist he was slammed into the tree of ages with a loud bang.

Fortunately for these two, I never held back on them. If they came looking for a fight for what ever reason, I was going to give it to them and I wasn't going to be easy.

"Jeez mom" Toga slowly stood from the ground while rubbing his lower back. "I don't think you ever swung me that hard."

"Shit, I'm sorry Toga." Closing my eyes and letting out a soft sigh, I looked back at my son and Towa who was now standing next to him. "Today is a bit hard for me, it's been 17 years since I've seen our home and the people I loved." My voice cracked ever so softly, if you didn't have our sense of hearing you would never know.

Neither of them said a word as I looked down at the shattered coffee cup, I must have dropped it when they attacked me. I really like that cup to, the color changed when you poured a hot drink in the cup. It was when I looked up at Towa did I see the small amount of built up sadness in her eyes, it has been 14 years for her.

"Alright you two, can we go back inside and try to enjoy this day with out sparring." My arms went over each teenager who responded with a small groan and forced "okay" causing me to laugh as we walked into the house.

Glancing back to shrine I frowned but also felt a small twinge of happiness deep down.