A past life and present reminder

Part Two

Darkness, it was so dark like a black abyss. An ever so erie chill crawled up my spine as I floated in the abyss, my ears adjusting to the silence as my eyes frantically searched for any sign of life.

Controlling my breathe I closed my eyes and listened, there wasn't a single sound being emitted from anywhere.

'Where am I? What is this place?' I spun my body around again and again looking for some sorta of escape, but to no luck I was greeted with darkness.

"It looks like I've finally got you..." His voice was sinister and cold, the chuckle he gave off sent anger throughout my body.

"Naraku!"

"After all of these years Anya, you will know my pain and you will know my suffering. You will never see them again and I will relish in this pain as you endure it." That's when I saw it, the small glimmer of light coming from deep within the darkness. I could sense her fear and I could hear her calling for Inuyasha, so I tried to make my way to her but the closer I got to her the farther she was.

His menacing laugh was ear pitching causing my to cover my ears in pain, I could feel the fear building up within me. What did he mean that I was never going to see them again?

'This can't be happening!'


My body jolted into an upright position, beads of sweat trickling down my face and arms. My breathing was fast and uneven as I frantically searched my surrounding, there was the door and the closet, the windows and the sun. I wasn't there, I wasn't in the darkness and I wasn't alone anymore.

After a few minutes of controlled breathing I stood up from my bed, my legs felt slightly weak and my head was spinning but I knew that I was safe. It was the day when naraku managed to somehow send me to the modern era with Kagome, thus not allowing us to come back until the well opened for her and her alone.

"You okay?" Towas voice broke me from the trance like state I was in causing me to look over at her.

"Aren't you supposed to be in school young lady, where's Toga?" I responded with narrowed eyes as I looked at her directly, I would never say it to her but I knew who her father was and her mother, being a demon I could easily smell it on her. Each time I saw Towa it reminded me on how easy it was for some demons to move on, and that's exactly what he did. "Towa did you get into a fight again at school?" I asked as I shoved my feet into my nice fuzzy warm slippers.

Towa didn't say a word, she just stood there with her arms behind her back and her head down ashamed that once again she got kicked out of school for fighting. It was the only answer I ever needed, with a sigh I walked past her but not with out roughing up her short white hair.

"What am I going to do with you Towa." Smirking we both made our way downstairs.

"So aunt Anya, you're a demon right? You never told me what kind of demon you are?" Towa always had her moments of trying to pull answers from me but I always found a way around it.

"You need to stop fighting these kids, you have a lot of power but that doesn't mean you need to abuse it." I took a sip of my hot coffee that quickly made, the flavor pouring down my throat as it hit my taste buds. I wished they had this in our time, I'd be even happier.

"You're doing that thing again Aunt Anya." Towa placed her arms on the table and stared me down, I never even told my own son what kind of demon he is and he is a full blown demon. "You're avoiding the important questions."

I scoffed in her direction "It doesn't matter what I am in this Era, what matters is that It's never brought out into the open that I am a full demon."

Towa leaned back and sighed, she knew I was right and that it wasn't important. My job was to keep the kids safe in this ungodly era that I've had to live in and raise them in, I chuckled under my breath as I thought about how I was raising both of his children.

"What's so funny?" Towas voice snapped me out of my thoughts causing my eyes to move in her direction.

"If you get into another fight with who ever it is, I'll be sure that I work you to the bone Towa " my voice lowered and the sense of dominance filled the air causing Towa to cower slightly. "You are the half demon child of a very powerful full demon,Towa you need to control yourself and stop fighting because this is not a game. It's not funny."

With a scoff and an eye roll, Towa stood and stormed off leaving me in the kitchen alone. I wanted to go after her, talk to her, explain things to her but there was no point, she needed the tough love. If I didn't give to her, than she would get lost in fighting and who knows if she will ever have a day where she turns into a full demon to protect her self.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for the wait. Things have been fairly crazy.