A past life and present reminder

Part Three

Birds chirping in the distance

I was slowly starting to come back from the darkness that swallowed me, I could feel the hard earth beneath me and the breeze shift past my skin as my eyes slowly started to open. Blinking a couple of times I finally stared at the clouds above me, something felt different and I couldn’t pin it just right then. Where was I? What happened?

That’s when everything hit me, the girl…her name was Setsuna and she had his scent just as Towa and Toga did. But what happened after she showed up? It was like a blank in my memory for some god awful reason.

Groaning I started to push myself into a seated position allowing me to take in my surroundings, my jaw dropped as I realized where I was in that moment. I was back home, I was back in the feudal era as I stared at the bone eaters well in front of me. Yet I didn’t come through the well, how did I get here? Looking around I didn’t see anyone or anything else which caused the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up, where were the kids?

“Damn it.” I whispered to myself as I stood up slowly and dusted myself off, I was still wearing my grey sweatpants and tank top with black sneakers and my hair was still in its normal high pony tail.

I needed to find the nearest village to get any and all information on what is going on, to find out if Naraku was still alive and to find kagome. So I started walking in the direction that I knew would lead me to kaedes village in search for answers.
It took me about a half hour to get to the village and to my shock it still looked the same from so many years ago. The fields were still being tended to, children still ran around care free; but something was missing. The scent of a dog was missing, maybe inuyasha was on a mission and hadn’t been around for a while.

“Well I’ll be, if it’s ye Anya.” The sound of old lady kaedes voice rang in my ears causing me to fully turn around and look at her.

“You haven’t aged a day old lady.” I replied with a playful smirk.

She narrowed her eyes and started passed me causing me to casually follow behind her, I could feel the aura of stress coming from her that I didn’t feel before. What happened to why this woman was so stressed out all of a sudden?

We stepped into her little hut and I felt right at home, it was warm with food cooking as usual and a small extra cot to sleep in for anyone passing through.

“Sit child, there’s a lot ye must know.”

Slowly I took a seat and leaned my back up against the wooden wall, one of my legs stretched out and the other bent up at the knee so I could rest my right arm. I watched her as she stirred the pot in front of us, quietly she looked up at me and took in my appearance. She knew exactly where I had went just from the clothing I was wearing so it wasn’t a conversation we needed to have.

“Ye changed child.” She muttered softly

I couldn’t disagree with her, raising Toga and Towa in Kagomes era softened me slightly.

“A lot has happened, where is everyone?” I cut right to the chase, something I had a tendency of doing. Kaede poured a bowl of food and handed it over, I took it immediately as my I wasn’t going to pass up her food ever, I was also oddly enough very hungry.

“Well, kagome and Inuyasha are missing.” I alarmist chocked at the words and my eyes went wide.

“Naraku?” I questioned.

“Ney, Naraku is gone and defeated. That happened the day you went missing, but other things happened child.” She took a bite of her food after softly blowing on it.

If it wasn’t Naraku then who was the problem now?

“I’m looking for someone, well more than someone. Two young girls and a young boy. Did they pass through here? One of the girls was named Setsuna.” I placed my empty bowl on the ground as I watched the old lady look at me as if I saw ghost.

“Setsuna the twin child of sesshomaru?”

’So they had twins.’

“What happened to his kids that they got split up? What happened to Rin?” My voice was stern as I asked the question to show her I was serious, I needed to find the kids so nothing bad happened to them.

“Ey child this is a long story, not for me to tell. You must speak with him or go to the tree for ye answers.”

’Why does she always do this!?’[/]

The back of my head softly hit the wall as I groaned back to her response, she was forcing me to see him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am going to work on one more update tonight