Status: Updated 2/27/22.

One Breath at a Time

We Can Get Through Anything

The next morning, I was feeling refreshed, but that didn't mean I wanted to get out of bed.

“Where are you going?” Kris mumbled as I was walking to the bathroom.

“Babe, I have work. It’s Thursday.” I said with a laugh.

I assumed he fell back asleep when I didn’t receive a response. After my shower, I yelled out to Kalea to make sure she was awake. I wanted to let Kris sleep in especially after the night we had… a night that we both desperately needed. Not to mention, I enjoy seeing him naked and asleep. Once I dressed and dried my hair, I heard Kalea open her door. I walked out of my bedroom and hugged the child in the middle of the hallway.

“Good morning.” I said.

“Good morning, Mom. Where’s Dad?”

“Sleeping. I figured I’d let him sleep in. He had a long day yesterday.”

“That was a good idea.”

“I thought so. I guess great minds alike, then.”

“You got that right.”

I laughed and kissed her cheek.

“Let’s go eat breakfast. Shall we?”

“Yeah.”

I made a quick meal of bacon and blueberry pancakes with a glass of strawberry milk on the side. I joined her at the kitchen island, spending the small amount of girl time I had before she went to school and I went to work.

“How are you this morning, Kalea? Ready to face the day?”

“For sure. How about you?” she said, smiling.

“Absolutely.”

Ten minutes later, we were ready to leave and I had more energy than before. I texted Kris before I left, letting him know how Kalea and I were doing and that I loved him. I got a call back from him during my lunch hour.

“Hey.”

“Hey.” he sighed.

“What’s wrong?”

“The season has been suspended. Don’t know for how long, obviously, but I’m bummed out.”

My heart broke for him.

“I’m so sorry for you, honey. Anything I can do?”

“No. Just be there for me.”

“As always. I love you.”

“I love you, too.”

I hung up a moment later and sighed myself. I wondered what was going to happen next. Would that happen to me or Kalea? An hour later, I got an answer through my boss that Allegheny County, among a few others in the state, that social distancing was going to be implemented and nonessential businesses were urged to close; I had a feeling that I was in one of those businesses which was slightly unnerving to say the least.

Those thoughts crossed my mind on and off all day which at times would make it hard to concentrate. I came home to find Kris sitting in the living room, running his hands through his hair. He didn’t even look up when I walked in the door. I frowned and sat next to him, kissing his cheek in the process. He faintly smiled as he turned to me, taking hold of my hand and bringing up and kissed it.

“How are you feeling?” I asked concerned.

“Okay, I guess. The only good thing about this is that I’m able to spend more time with you and Kalea.”

“You know, there’s a strong possibility that all of us at some point or another will be definitely all that time together. My boss actually gave me some news that I further investigated after hearing it…”

And on I went with my own news.

“You afraid you won’t be able to go back to work for a while?”

“A little, but I can deal with that if and when things get worse. I’m worried about Kalea if she’s away from school. She has so many friends and hockey…”

She takes after her father. We put her in skates when she was two years old and is an amazing skater, let alone hockey player.

“She can get through anything… we can get through anything.”

“Hey, Mom.”

“Hey.” I said, kissing her cheek.

“How was your day?”

“Good. Yours?”

“Okay. Any news I should know?”

“No. Mom, you don’t say okay and then ask me something. What happened today?”

She picks up on things so well and is only nine; she is a huge reminder of her dad.

“I might be spending more time at home with your dad. Not sure yet. Being home more often sounds nice, but under these circumstances, I don’t know how to feel about it.”

She hugged me and gave me a smile but didn’t say anything else; nothing else needed to be said.

“You couldn’t be more like your dad if you tried. You know that?”

“Yeah, yeah. I know.”

This got a chuckle out of everyone.

“So, what’s for dinner?” I asked, starving.

“Leftover stroganoff.” Kalea replied.

“Yum!”

Turns out, she already which was perfectly fine with me, but Kris decided to wait for me.

“You know, you didn’t have to wait to eat.”

“I don’t like to eat dinner without you. I find it to be rude.” he said, putting a spoonful in his mouth.

I smiled.

“Well, that’s very sweet of you. Thanks.”

“My pleasure.”

“Can I tell you something?”

“Of course. Is everything okay?”

“Yeah. I’ve probably already told you this, but Kalea reminds me of you. Umm… her back there with pressing into me what was on my mind was a good example. How is she such a smart and intuitive person already? I know she’s a smart kid. How can she not be? But, she’s so in tune into other people’s emotions.”

“She has an amazing and intelligent mother, first of all…”

“…and you have such a big heart.”

“Perfect combo. I must say.”

“I agree.” he said, smiling.

I set our bowls down moments later into the sink then walked back to the living room, only to find that my man had disappeared.

“Kris?”

I looked in the dining room and throughout the first floor, but there was still no sign of him. I called his name again as I walked upstairs; I heard heavy footsteps coming from our bedroom. I sat on the bed and saw him in our bathroom; he seemed startled when he saw me.

“Why didn’t you tell me where you went?” I asked, crossing my legs.

“Sorry. I wasn’t thinking.”

“Is everything alright?”

I knew that it was a stupid question, but with the way he just disappeared without a word, I had to ask.

“Yeah. It’s just been a long day. I’m exhausted.”

For some reason, I decided to ask something I never thought I would ask.

“How would a bj make you feel?”

I would have straight up said blowjob if we didn’t have a kid in the house.

“Are you offering?” he said, smirking.

“Only if you can be quiet about it.”

This is when he unbuttoned his pants, pulled his zipper down and they dropped. He kicked them away and I rose from the bed and got on my knees, pulling down his boxers down and throwing them across the room. I smirked this time and placed my mouth around him.

“I love you.” he groaned.

I drug my tongue along the underside of his cock which resulted in him entangling his hands into my hair. I spent nearly ten minutes down there when he was on the verge; I kept myself there, perfectly fine with swallowing a load. After removing my mouth, I stood up and he kissed me with such a strong hunger, I could not resist.

“I need you.” he said.

No arguments were made.