Here We Go Again

Chapter 1

It started as a normal day. RIIINGG~ RINGGG~

Andra winces, harsh sunlight meeting her eyes. She’s still tired from staying up all night reading fanfictions. She originally planned to go to sleep at 9, but she found an interesting fanfiction about the mc becoming overpowered after finding an ancient scroll in a mysterious, abandoned house. By the time she caught up to the most recent chapter, it was midnight! But then she found another, and another, and- never mind. Anyway, by the time she went to sleep it was 4 am!

As exhausted as she is, she’s already up, and if she doesn’t get up now, she’s going to be late for school. Oh well. The sun is up, so she should be getting up soon anyway.

‘Goodbye beauty sleep, you were a nice daydream’

“Andra honey, you’re going to be late for school,” Mom knocks on her door.

“I’m coming!” She yells.

Andra gets dressed as fast as she can because she does not want to be late for the first period. She has a math test and if she fails, her mom will take away all her electronics! She swings the door open and runs outside

“Bye, mom! Love you!” Andra screams running out.

‘Ughh, I’m so going to fail this test! I didn’t even study!’ Andra thinks as she’s running to school.
‘I hope the math test is multiple-choice, those are always easier. Hmmm, maybe Karolyn will let me copy off of-‘

Thud

“Ah-! What was that?!” Andra asks as she falls to the ground.

“Oh My God, I am so sorry! Are you ok?” The stranger asks as they help her up

“Yeah, I’m fine thanks.”

“I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going! I’m glad you’re ok! Oh, and what’s your name? Mine is Ren Nakamura. ” Nakamura said.

“My name is Andra Miller, and while it was nice talking to you, I need to go or else I’m going to be late for school. Bye!”

“Oh well Bye! Have a great day!” Nakamura shouts as Andra runs off.

“Amaya Mayeda” The teacher says.

“Here”

“Daido Miki”

“Here”

“Andra Miller”

(No Answer)

“Andra Miller?”

BAM

“I’m here Sensei!” Andra yells after slamming the door open.

“Just on time. Oh, and please refrain from slamming the door next time Miss Miller” The teacher says.

“Yes Sensei”

“Good, now take a seat”

When Andra takes her math test, she’s a nervous wreck.

‘Oh no! I didn’t study any of this! Well, technically I didn’t study at all though. Anyway, what the heck?!’ Andra thinks.

‘Ok, it’s official, I’m going to fail. I can’t even copy Miki because the teacher is watching me like a hawk, and I can NOT get caught cheating or my mom will take away all my electronics and ground me!’

Andra ends up being the last one to turn in her test.

‘I just ended up taking an educated guess for most of the questions on the test. While there were a few questions that I did know, it was only a few. I guess I can only hope.’

After a few hours, it was lunchtime. Andra took her food and went to the rooftop. She didn’t have many friends because she was quirkless. The only reason the kids never pick on her is that when she first came to this school and people tried to bully her, she beat them up. When she beat them up it was only in self-defense and the school knew that, but she still got in huge trouble, and the people who tried to hurt her didn’t. After that, nobody bothered her, but that didn’t mean they didn’t ignore her. Sure, she’s lonely, but she likes to think that she doesn’t need friends.

Andra’s father taught her how to fight when she was little. He said that she needed to know how to fight because the world didn’t like people who were different and or weak and that she needed to know how to defend herself. He was an underground hero. Sadly, he died a few years ago. After he died, Andra went to a dojo to continue learning how to fight and build up muscle to defend herself from the shitty people in the world. She also took classes to learn how to hack because she was interested in learning how to do stuff like that, and while she isn’t a pro, she likes to think that she’s pretty good at it.

Luckily, there were no tests for the rest of the day. After school, Andra decided to take the long way home.

‘I wonder what mom’s making for dinner today. I hope it’s Teriyaki Chicken! I love Teriyaki Chicke-‘

“WATCH OUT” someone yells.

“Wha-“

BAM

Andra is sent flying by car.

‘Oh, that’s what they meant by watch out. Wait, I don’t want to die. I, I haven’t done anything yet. I haven’t gotten a boyfriend yet. I haven’t even had my first kiss. This isn’t fair! My mom’s going to be crushed! I’m sorry mom!’

Andra hears muffled voices in the background but she’s too busy panicking in her head to care.

‘It doesn’t hurt anymore. Is that a bad thing? It’s probably a bad thing. I think I’m dying. I’m sorry
mom, take care of yourself, ok? Goodbye,’

Andra Miller died on April 14th at 4:00 pm after being hit by a drunk driver.