Status: Active ♥

My Salvation

1

With a sigh, Taylor dropped her weapons bag in the back of her SUV and climbed into the driver’s seat. Despite having dealt with yet another case, she was a long way from home and couldn’t wait to be back in her own bed.

The drive to Sioux Falls took longer than expected, which meant that it was already getting light by the time she pulled into the salvage yard and headed straight to her room. She wasn’t sure how long she’d been asleep, before the loud rumble of a car engine and voices from downstairs woke her up.

“What brings you boys here?” Bobby was saying as she made her way down, pausing on the bottom step and listening for whoever it was to reply.

“Needed some place to lay low for a few days and do some research, figured a visit was way past due,” a familiar voice responded, “Is Taylor around?”

“She got back early this morning from a case,” Bobby stated, “What do you need Taylor for?”

“An extra pair of hands wouldn’t hurt is all.”

“What are we researching?” Taylor inquired as she entered the living room.

“There lies the issue, we don’t actually know...” Dean’s brother, Sam, explained.

“How can you not know?”

“Can you just trust us?” Dean snapped defensively, causing Taylor to flinch and involuntarily step back, “I’m sorry...”

“What do you know?” Bobby asked.

It didn’t take long for the brothers to tell them about the spike in demonic omens and the feeling of being watched, but Taylor knew that there was more to it. Not wanting to push, she retreated to the study and gathered a pile of books to look through.

There wasn’t much to go on and that made researching difficult, but she could at least find somewhere to start. She had slammed her third book shut, when movement caught her attention and she looked up to find Dean watching her from the doorway.

“It’s rude to stare,” she mumbled as she grabbed the next book, opening it and flicking through the first chapter.

“I didn’t want to interrupt,” Dean replied, entering the room and running his finger along the spines of the books on the bookcase, “Found anything?”

“Not really, I mean... the feeling of being watched generally relates to some sort of attachment.”

“That’s not exactly a leap in our line of work, we’re always open to that kind of thing,” Dean agreed, “Anything else?”

“I have literally nothing to go on, no description of the demon, no powers, not anything. Unless you have anything else to add?”

“No,” Dean told her hesitantly, causing Taylor to roll her eyes, “What?”

“You think I don’t know that there’s more to this than you’re telling us?” Taylor stated, “You’re welcome to keep your secrets and I’m not one to pry, but I can’t help if I don’t have all the information.”

“It’s complicated.”

“Our lives are complicated, Dean.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I really miss Supernatural, so this was born! Happy Reading ♥