Status: Active ♥

My Salvation

2

Not wanting to argue, Taylor walked out of the room and headed into the kitchen to make some coffee. Stood by the sink, she stared at the water as it hit the cup and drifted off into a daydream. Brought back to reality by someone clearing their throat, she jumped slightly and dropped the cup.

“Didn’t mean to scare you,” Sam stated, turning the coffee machine on, “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” Taylor reassured him, “I get lost in my head sometimes that’s all, any luck?”

“Nothing, not that I was expecting to find anything.”

“What about a case?” Bobby added as he joined them, holding what looked like newspaper clippings, “It’s not too far from here either.”

Gathered around the table, Taylor looked over the articles and listened as Bobby told them what he knew. If she was going to take a guess as to what they were dealing with, she would say werewolves and nasty ones at that. Unpredictable in nature, they preyed on the weak and broke down everything human about the victim during the transformation.

“Looks like we’re dealing with a werewolf,” Dean said as if reading Taylor’s mind.

“There was a pack around that area not long ago,” Taylor told them, moving over to a map that Bobby kept on the wall and pointing to a small town about two hours drive from the salvage yard, “I picked up their trail while working another case, but someone else beat me to the kill...”

“So the question then is why come back?” Sam inquired.

“Revenge may be or ties to the town,” Dean offered with a shrug, “Either way, we can’t just ignore it and let them turn the town into their personal hunting ground.”

With her bag already packed, she grabbed it from under her bed and joined the boys at their car. Sat in the back seat, she stared out the window and half-listened to the conversation going on upfront.

She had only ever dealt with werewolves once and it had almost gotten her killed, but she refused to admit that she was scared. They soon arrived in Happy Valley and pulled into the parking lot of the first motel they saw, climbing out.

“I’ll go get us a room,” Sam stated, taking a few steps and stopping as he looked back, “Did you want your own room, Tay?”

“One room works,” Taylor answered with a smile, not wanting to be alone, “I’ll take the sofa or something.”

Sam soon returned with the keys and Taylor followed the boys inside, scanning the parking lot before shutting the door behind them. The problem with small towns was that outsiders were easy to spot and gossip traveled fast, giving them a small window to get the job done.

“If we are dealing with a pack, then we don’t have long until our presence in town is known,” Dean said as Taylor set up her laptop.

“We can’t be sure that it’s werewolves, not until we examine the bodies,” Sam added.

“Split up?” Taylor suggested, “You and Sam head over to the coroner’s office, while I talk to the families of the victims?”

“As much as I hate the thought of splitting up, it’s probably our best bet,” Dean agreed, “Meet back here in two hours.”

With a nod of agreement, Taylor grabbed her fake FBI credentials and headed out the door again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Reading ♥