Status: Active ♥

My Salvation

3

Sat in the living room of the first victim’s family home, Taylor scanned the photos that littered the walls and smiled as Mrs. Landon placed a tray of tea on the table in front of her.

“Milk and sugar?” Mrs. Landon asked with a warm smile.

“Yes please,” Taylor replied, not wanting to be rude, “Two sugars please.”

“So, you wanted to talk about Cameron?”

“I did, we’ve had a few other cases that are quite similar to the way in which Cameron died,” Taylor explained, “I was just wondering whether you noticed anything different about Cameron’s behavior or people that he’d met in the time leading up to his death.”

“Nothing that I can think of, everything was pretty much the same as it always had been...”

After two hours of hearing the same answers to her questions, Taylor’s frustration was growing and she returned to the motel feeling defeated. She had just started browsing the articles on each murder, when Sam and Dean returned.

“I hope you had better luck at the coroners.”

“Well, we can say for sure that we’re dealing with werewolves,” Dean told her as he took a seat on the bed opposite.

“No hearts?” Taylor inquired knowingly.

“No hearts,” Sam confirmed.

That information alone told them that the pack was killing to feed, but it also meant that these wolves were relatively new and may not know what was happening to them. It was true that they were there to hunt the pack down, but that didn’t mean they weren’t empathetic as well and Taylor hated the guilt that she felt after almost every case.

“This isn’t going to be as easy as we thought,” Dean stated, earning nods of agreement from both Taylor and Sam, “We’re going to need to hunt at night and we only have the next two days to get the job done.”

Although werewolves could shift at any time, during the full moon was when they were at their strongest and most vicious. This put a lot of pressure on the trio and there had already been six murders that they knew of, but Taylor was determined to not let there be any more.

“There’s not a lot we can do right this second, so why don’t we go get some food and put together some sort of plan?” Taylor suggested.

“I could eat,” Dean agreed.

“Of course you could,” Taylor joked, chuckling at the affronted look that Dean sent her way, “Go get changed.”

It didn’t take the boys long to get ready and they headed out, finding a quiet little diner on the edge of town. They had just started eating when a small group of guys entered and the feeling in the small establishment instantly shifted, catching Taylor’s attention.

The group was a rowdy bunch, but it was something in their eyes and the way they acted that screamed predator. Perhaps it was her hunter instinct, or maybe it was something that everyone could see and feel, either way, it was dangerous.

With a glance over at Dean, she could see that his hand was out of sight under the table and knew that he was ready if anything happened. No longer hungry, Taylor sipped her coffee while the boys finished eating and relaxed a little as they returned to the Impala.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Reading ♥