Status: Active ♥

My Salvation

5

The drive back to the salvage yard was quiet and Taylor closed her eyes, listening to the song playing on the radio. Exhaustion had taken a hold and she rested her head back against the seat, not wanting to talk to anyone.

“We’re home,” Dean told her as he pulled up, earning a nod from Taylor and grabbing her bag for her as they headed inside.

“Thank you,” Taylor mumbled as she dropped onto the sofa, lying down and falling asleep without issue.

Awoken the following morning by the sound of someone moving around the kitchen, she padded barefoot into the other room and smiled when she found Jody cooking breakfast.

“Morning sweetheart,” Jody greeted with a smile, pouring a glass of orange juice and handing it to her, “How’d the hunt go?”

“Smooth as always,” Taylor replied, taking a seat at the table and yawning.

“How is it having the boys back?” she added with a knowing look.

“It’s great,” Taylor admitted with a sigh as she continued, “It really is great... I missed them, what I didn’t miss are the feelings that having Dean back has dragged up.”

“Why don’t you just talk to him?”

“You and I both know exactly what Dean is like,” Taylor began, falling silent as footsteps descended the stairs and heading up to take a shower.

It hadn’t taken her long to fall for Dean after Bobby first introduced them and they’d had a few drunken hook-ups, but she had always known that it would never be anything more than that for him. She would be lying if she said that it didn’t hurt still, falling for someone and knowing that he would never be there to catch her.

Sat on her bed, she stared at her reflection in the mirror and headed back down to the kitchen as Jody called her. They filled Bobby in about the case as they ate and Taylor offered to do the washing up, surprised when Dean volunteered to help. Unsure of what to say, Taylor washed up the plates without a word and glanced over as Dean spoke.

“Can we take a walk?”

“Sure,” Taylor agreed with a frown, finishing up and drying her hands on her jeans.

Confused and slightly anxious, Taylor followed Dean outside, deciding to take a seat on the hood of Dean’s beloved Impala.

“I’m sorry for what I said the last time I saw you,” Dean muttered as he leaned against the car, arms folded across his chest, “I grew up with my dad telling me that love and hunting didn’t work together, and for the longest time, I believed him. I’ve realized lately that I don’t believe half the shit he taught us anymore, and I’m ready to find my own path. Follow my heart, you know? As cliché as that sounds.”

Taylor nodded. “Well, what’s your heart telling you?”

“Right now?” Dean looked up at the sky. “Right now, it’s telling me that I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be,” Dean admitted, smiling over at Taylor before continuing, “I don’t want to rush anything. I just want to know that you’re mine. Start spending time towards building for whatever future we may have.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Reading ♥