Status: Active ♥

My Salvation

6

Taylor spent the next two weeks hunting and researching the boy’s demon, but found that she was still coming up empty-handed. It was early on a Saturday morning, when she received a call from another hunter and agreed to meet him at a diner in a nearby town to talk.

“Are you sure that you don’t want me to come with you?” Bobby inquired as he followed her out to her SUV, “I know what Kevin can be like.”

“I appreciate the concern, Bobby, but I’ll be fine,” Taylor replied, dumping her weapons bag on the back seat, “I’m meeting him in a public place, plus he may be able to shed some light on Sam and Dean’s situation.”

“Okay, just be careful and remember what I taught you when it comes to sourcing information from other hunters.”

“Keep everything theoretical, don’t mention any names, and keep a close eye on their body language.”

With a smile, she climbed into the driver's seat and honked the horn as she pulled out of the salvage yard. She had only been on the road for nearly two hours, when she passed the ‘Welcome to Stonesville’ sign and found a spot in the parking lot outside the diner.

Not wanting to go in unarmed, she put her folding hunting knife in her jacket pocket and headed inside. The smell of fresh coffee hit her as she stepped over the threshold and she ordered herself a latte, before joining Kevin at the booth where he was sitting waiting.

“Thanks for coming,” he said in way of greeting.

“You said that it was important.”

“It is, you know the Winchester brothers, right?”

“I do,” Taylor answered, feeling defensive at the mention of the boys and trying her best to keep the expression on her face neutral, “What’s that got to do with anything?”

“I’ve heard rumors,” Kevin explained, answering the question without actually giving her an answer, “Do you know what I’m talking about?”

“Not a clue.”

Kevin eyed her suspiciously as a waitress brought over Taylor’s drink and Taylor held his gaze, refusing to back down.

“There are rumors circulating that the youngest brother is afflicted with demon blood,” Kevin told her, lowering his voice and offering one of the waitresses a flirtatious smile as she passed, “I’ve learned from a reliable source that...”

“Referring to a person as a reliable source rather than by their name tells me that they’re probably anything but reliable, so who is it?”

“Gordon Walker, he’s a hunter... built quite a reputation for himself within our community.”

“Yeah, I’ve heard of him,” Taylor replied with a laugh, shaking her head and draining the remainder of her coffee before getting to her feet, “I agreed to meet you and listen to what you had to say, but if you’re going off of information from the likes of Gordon Walker then I’m not interested.”

“Walker told me that Dean Winchester himself told him that little Sammy was having a hard time with psychic visions, did you know about that?” Kevin asked, causing Taylor to scoff and walk out.

Taylor had crossed paths with Gordon a few times and she’d learned quickly that he wasn’t one to be trusted, but he was respected by many in the hunting circle. If the rumors spread far enough and enough people believed what he was saying, then Sam was in danger of being on the wrong end of the hunt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Reading x