The Misadventures of Kade and Celine

twenty-two

Kade and Celine's wedding was small, but it suited them well. The small venue was beautifully decorated in lavender and wisteria, and small twinkling sparkles floated around their heads. Must have been Gibbet's handiwork. The goblin was surprisingly good at delicate magic like that.

Kade was nervous, but forgot everything going on around him when Celine began walking down the aisle to him. She looked more beautiful than he had ever seen her, which he didn't know was possible. He was hardly able to breathe, but was smiling as Silas passed Celine to him. It was a short and sweet ceremony that had everyone tearing up. Tillie was watery-eyed, and when Bobby offered her a handkerchief she punched him hard in the arm. While Delia was new to the pack, she was given a flower crown to wear and got to carry the train of Celine's gown.

After the ceremony, they had a small reception in a small restaurant they were able to reserve privately. They had to strategically plan the timing so Silas wouldn't have to escape before the sunrise, and after a large dinner their guests were starting to get sleepy. Gibbet's head was on a table and he was snoring, and only Silas seemed to be alert and smiling as Celine and Kade took to the small dance floor. The instruments had been enchanted to play some light jazz as he led Celine in their first dance as husband and wife.

"Was it everything you wanted?" Kade asked her.

"Everything and more," she gushed. "I've never been so happy."

"No second thoughts yet?"

"None whatsoever."

"There's still time to run."

"Only if we're running to our honeymoon."

He twirled her and pulled her into a kiss. Celine was a giggly mess, but she was glowing.

"You know, this wedding is going to piss some people off," he reminded her. "Are you ready for that storm?"

"Are you going to stay by my side?"

"Until the very end."

"Then I'm ready to face anything."