Status: Maybe a new series?

Be Mine

Hangover

I hear my phone buzzing on the bedside table. It’s too early. I don’t want to wake up. I feel like I just went to bed.

Grabbing my phone, I unlock it quickly.

Courtney called out, can you come in for a few hours?

Not work. I don’t do day shifts. I do have today off from school, but Jamie is leaving tomorrow. I would like to spend the time with him even if it’s just laying around watching movies. I know he won’t feel fantastic but lounging around and snuggling with my boyfriend sounded better than working.

I look at Jack-Jack who is creeping up on the bed. He knows it’s time for breakfast. “What do you think, Jack? Should I stay home?”

He wiggles his butt and lets out a soft bark.

“Yeah, I think you're right.” I scratch behind his ears. “I’ll stay home today.”

Can’t today.

Is all I say. Keep it short and sweet. They can’t be upset, I didn’t offer to work days.

I throw on a pair of sweats and don’t bother changing my shirt. I need coffee.

The hallway seemed longer today. I need to update the pictures on the walls. I don’t think we changed them since we found this place a year ago.

I stopped in the middle of the hallway and stared at one picture in particular. It’s a close up of our faces. Jamie is kissing my forehead, my eyes are closed and I’m smiling wildly. We were camping, that weekend was my birthday and all I wanted to do was stay by the lake. The sun was setting but Jamie was still wearing sunglasses and his natural brown roots were growing in. We were just beginning our dating career. I loved that picture.

I honestly missed his long and natural hair. Not to say he wasn’t attractive either way.
Jack brushed against my leg signaling that he hadn’t forgotten I was supposed to be getting his breakfast.

I look down at him, “Ok,ok. I’m coming.”

I look over into the living room. Jamie is passed out. His blanket is covering his legs. His pants are on the floor. There is a sock on the coffee table and one on his foot. I smile as I walk past him and into the kitchen.

“Look.” I say pointing to Jack’s now full food dish. “You won’t starve!” I bend down and pet his head. “You’re such a good boy.”

Standing up I began my trail back to Jamie. I crouch down next to him and gently brush the side of his cheek. “Babe.” I quietly say. “Wake up.” I kiss his nose and he finally opens one of his eyes.

“Oh lord. Nora, can you close the drapes? The sun is not my friend today.” He pulls the blanket over his head.

I giggle at him but I do as I’m asked. “Do you want coffee or water?” Lightly pull the blanket down enough to where his bloodshot eyes are showing. “Jamie…” I kiss his forehead. “Are you doing ok?”
He rubs his eyes picking at the dried boogers. “I’m never drinking again.”

I feel my nervous self start to chew on my bottom lip. I want to believe that statement and for both of us I am silently praying that he’s being truthful and that it wasn’t just in the moment. “I think that’s fair.” I sit down on the ground in front of him. Legs crossed. I lean back on my hands.

He sits up and slowly swings his legs over the couch. He holds his hand flat out to reveal his shaking.
My eyes widened. I hold his hands in mine. “You’re going to be ok. I promise. It’s hangover anxiety.” I bring his hand to my face. “It’s 9:00 am. Do you want to sleep more?”

He shakes his head no. He stares down at the ground with his face in his hands “I think I need to shower.”

“Sounds like a good idea. I’m gonna run over to the coffee shop and get something to drink. Do you want anything?” I stand up and reach my hands out to him which he gladly takes. I take him in my arms for a moment. I feel like he needs the hug. I rest my head on his chest and slowly run my hands down his back. “I love you.”

He tightens his arms around my shoulders. “I love you too.” He pulls away. Looking down at me he says, “Can you get me a snack when you’re out?” He lays a kiss on my lips, I love Jamie kisses but,I can taste lingering alcohol.

“Brush your teeth and I’ll kiss you more when I get home.” I turn away and as I’m headed to the door he decides smacking my ass is a funny gesture. I jokingly glare at him. “Don’t start something you can’t finish, Mr.Bower.” I slip on my shoes and head out the door.

He’s such a tease sometimes.

I turn on the radio and drive towards the shop. I worry about Jamie but slip ups happen. I’ve slipped up before and even though Jamie and I were testing the waters during our friendship, he never gave up on me and I will never give up on him.

Call from Joshy

Why is my brother calling?

“Hey, Josh!”

“Hey are you ok? His voice is full of worry and I’m confused.

“Yeah. I’m just going to get coffee. What’s wrong?” My stomach twists and turns with nervousness.

“Have you noticed anything weird around you or maybe somebody popping into your life that you haven’t seen in a long time?” He sounds stressed.

“Josh, you’re scaring me. What’s going on?”

“Just try to stay out of the paparazzi right now…please.”

“Josh…I don’t under-” I’m cut off before I can say anything else.

“Nora, just stay out of public view. No red carpets, no being seen with him. It could put him in danger as well. I’ll call you back when I have more time. I love you. Stay safe.”

The phone call ends.

What the fuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a just a filler :)