Status: Active ♥

Our Love

One

The men came through the front doors of the bank, armed with guns and shouting for everyone to get down. Without hesitation, Megan hit the floor and flinched as one of them fired shots into the air.

Hands trembling, she carefully retrieved her phone from her pocket and pressed call on her boyfriend’s contact information.

“If everyone does exactly as we say, no one will get hurt,” one of the men said.

Sirens could soon be heard outside and Megan slipped the phone into her jacket, hoping that the call was still connected.

***

Stood with his team, Hondo felt his phone vibrate and answered it with a smile as he saw the name flashing on his screen.

“Hey,” he greeted, stepping away from the group and frowning at the heavy breathing coming from the other end, “Megs?”

If everyone does exactly as we say, no one will get hurt, he heard a male voice say in the background and he knew straight away that something wasn’t right.

“Hondo,” Captain Cortez said as she approached them, “The team is needed down at the Los Angeles Bank, robbery in progress... Hondo?”

“Guys, let’s go,” Hondo instructed as he held his phone up to Jessica, “I think Megan is inside...”

***

Sat against the wall a while later, Megan pulled her knees to her chest and rested her chin on them. A sudden explosion sent everyone scrambling in panic and she pushed herself to her feet, shouting out as one of the men grabbed her; wrapping his arm around her neck.

“LAPD S.W.A.T,” a familiar voice shouted, “Put your guns down and get on the ground...”

“Stay back,” the man shouted, placing the muzzle of his gun against her head, “I’ll shoot her.”

“I’m not going to repeat myself, put the gun down and let the girl go.”

The pressure on her throat increased and she began to panic, flinching as a gun went off. Time slowed down and Megan stood frozen to the spot, jumping when a hand landed gently on her arm.

“Street, get her out of here.”

With a final glance back, Megan followed the officer outside and took a seat at the back of the waiting ambulance to get checked out. It wasn’t long before Hondo emerged from the building, handing his gun to one of his team as he approached and pulled her into a hug. Tears streamed freely down her cheeks and Megan let out a shaky breath, melting into his embrace.

“Sergeant Harrelson,” a female officer said from behind him, “I need to take her statement.”

“Of course,” Hondo replied as he stepped back a little, keeping his hand on Megan’s lower back, “Do me a favor and have someone escort her to S.W.A.T headquarters afterward?”

“Yes, sir.”

Unsure of what else she could tell the officer sitting in front of her, Megan played with the sleeve of her hoodie and stared at the table. She had recalled everything that she could remember, but her brain was foggy and she was worried that she was forgetting something important.

Hondo wasn’t at headquarters when the officer dropped her off, but his captain set her up in the kitchen and made sure that she ate something. They had only been dating for a little over six months and Megan had yet to meet his S.W.A.T family, but maybe it was time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just an idea that took on a life of its own!

Happy Reading ♥