Status: Active ♥

Our Love

Two

It was late when captain Cortez came to get her and Megan followed, melting into Hondo’s warmth as he hugged her without a word.

“Can we go home?” Megan inquired quietly, reluctantly stepping back and relaxing slightly as Hondo nodded.

With their finger’s entwined, Hondo led her towards the parking lot and glanced back as some called his name.

“What’s up, Deac?” Hondo said as the guy jogged towards them.

“Just wanted to make sure that you’re still coming over for dinner with the team tomorrow?”

“I wouldn’t miss it,” Hondo replied, realizing that this was the first time anyone had met Megan and wrapping his arm around her shoulders, “Megs, this is Deacon... Deacon, Megan.”

“It’s a pleasure to finally meet you,” Deacon stated with a smile, “Make sure he brings you tomorrow, I’m sure the rest of the team will be relieved that he didn’t make you up... I know my wife will be thrilled to have someone to vent to about how we love S.W.A.T more than you.”

“Dude...” Hondo added with a playful glare, “Seriously?”

Sat in the passenger seat of Hondo’s car, Megan rested her head against the cool glass of the window and listened to the music playing on the stereo. As if reading her mind, Hondo bypassed the turn that would take her to her apartment and headed straight to his place.

Unable to sleep, she carefully removed herself from Hondo’s hold and curled up on the sofa with the television on low in the background. She wasn’t sure when she finally fell asleep, but it was light out when she was awoken by someone gently shaking her and opened her eyes to find Hondo crouched in front of her.

“Hey,” she mumbled quietly.

“Morning,” Hondo replied running his fingers through her hair and smiling, “How’re you feeling?”

“Honestly... I don’t know.”

“Why don’t you go grab a shower and I’ll cook breakfast?”

With a nod, Megan disappeared and returned to the kitchen a while later to find a stack of pancakes already set on a plate for her. It was half-four when they pulled up outside the Kay residence and Megan stared at the house for a few seconds, before taking a shaky deep breath.

“Are you sure that you want me to meet your team?” Megan asked, glancing over at her boyfriend and waiting patiently for an answer.

“Why wouldn’t I?” Hondo replied, earning a shrug in response from Megan, “My team are some of the most important people in my life, they’re my family and I want you to be a part of that... I want them to get to know you.”

“Okay.”

Megan climbed out of the car and waited for him to join her on the sidewalk, hesitating momentarily before following him up the path. Anxiety clawed at her chest and her lungs seemed to refuse to let in enough air, but his fingers intertwining with hers seemed to push at least some of her fear away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Reading ♥